Leo Burnett scoops top Anna for road safety ad
By Nikki Sandison, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 31 January 2008 08:35AM
LONDON - The team behind Leo Burnett's road safety campaign has been awarded the £25,000 'winner of winners' prize at the 2007 Awards for National Newspaper Advertising, organised by the Newspaper Marketing Agency.
The winning ad, created by Richard Brim and Daniel Fisher of Leo Burnett for the Department for Transport, warns parents to set a good example to their children by showing various descriptions of bad behaviour copied in children's handwriting.
Leon Jaume, Anna judge and executive creative director at WCRS, described the ad as "an appeal to your inner adult" and "a piece of good thinking, simply and memorably executed".
The £10,000 award for top Creative Media Partnership went to James Thomas and Clare Nash of Mediacom and Rob Messeter and Mike Crowe of DDB for Volkswagen.
The £5,000 Topicality award went to Lynsey Dickenson, Hayley Power, Simon Herd and Becky Wakeling of Smarter Communications for its India Tourism Office ad. This featured a letter to Jade Goody, following her row with Shilpa Shetty on 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
The ad invited Goody and friends to "experience the healing nature of India".
Maureen Duffy, CEO of the Newspaper Marketing Agency, said: "Topicality is at the very heart of newspapers. Advertisers can share that quality, as ads can be designed and placed cost-effectively at short notice."
Other £5,000 awards included Art Direction, which went to Ed Morris, Johnny Leathers and George Prest of Lowe and Partners, for its John Lewis Partnership Christmas ads.
Rob Burleigh, Ben Stilitz and Colin Booth of Leagas Delaney scooped the Copywriting award for Stannah Stairlifts.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad