MindShare to track OMD for McDonald's
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 February 2008 12:00AM
McDonald's has appointed WPP's MindShare to measure the marketing effectiveness of its incumbent agency, the Omnicom-owned OMD, in the UK.
MindShare will measure, optimise, track and course-correct the fast-food giant's £31 million UK media and marketing spend.
MindShare ATG, a specialised division, was appointed as McDonald's marketing measurement partner in the UK after a pitch against undisclosed agencies. The business already performs similar duties for McDonald's in Europe and Asia.
Steve Simpson, the global director of MindShare ATG, said: "OMD have been very supportive of our assignment. I don't see it as evaluating OMD's work, but as working in partnership with OMD and helping them do the best job it can.
"We are excited to be working with the McDonald's team and OMD to form a partnership that will out-think and outperform the competition."
James Rennie, the head of marketing at McDonald's, said: "ATG demonstrated proven and relevant consulting and analytical skills, and we are confident that they are the ideal partner for measuring and maximising our return on marketing and media investment in the UK."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Resource/Studio Manager Source £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Direct Marketing Manager 12 month FTC Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Freelance Senior Designer Purple Consultancy £220 - £250 per day, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign