MindShare to track OMD for McDonald's
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 February 2008 12:00AM
McDonald's has appointed WPP's MindShare to measure the marketing effectiveness of its incumbent agency, the Omnicom-owned OMD, in the UK.
MindShare will measure, optimise, track and course-correct the fast-food giant's £31 million UK media and marketing spend.
MindShare ATG, a specialised division, was appointed as McDonald's marketing measurement partner in the UK after a pitch against undisclosed agencies. The business already performs similar duties for McDonald's in Europe and Asia.
Steve Simpson, the global director of MindShare ATG, said: "OMD have been very supportive of our assignment. I don't see it as evaluating OMD's work, but as working in partnership with OMD and helping them do the best job it can.
"We are excited to be working with the McDonald's team and OMD to form a partnership that will out-think and outperform the competition."
James Rennie, the head of marketing at McDonald's, said: "ATG demonstrated proven and relevant consulting and analytical skills, and we are confident that they are the ideal partner for measuring and maximising our return on marketing and media investment in the UK."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Lead Digital Designer become £38 - 46K, London (South), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Search Manager (PPC) Dot-Gap £40k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role