Jordans targets men with Macho Muesli web trial
By Gemma Charles, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 February 2008 08:45AM
LONDON - Jordans is trialling a breakfast cereal targeting men called Macho Muesli as part of a product innovation drive.
The product is an attempt to shift muesli from its female-oriented positioning to appeal to a wider audience.
The product is currently available only through a dedicated website, menandmuesli.co.uk, but the company plans to seek retail listings for the brand if it proves successful. Consumers who request a free sample of Macho Muesli from the site will also receive a sample of Jordans Special Nut Muesli.
Macho Muesli contains a base of 51% wholegrain cereals such as rolled oats and wheat flakes, which help combat circulatory diseases - the most frequent cause of death among men in the UK. It also contains Brazil and pecan nut pieces, a source of selenium, which Jordan claims is an essential ingredient for men's health and necessary for the immune system.
The product trial follows the appointment of Carol Welch as marketing and innovation director for the company (Marketing, 6 February).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 60000 - 65000, London
- Senior Strategist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55,000 to £65,000, London
- Campaign Manager | Contract Salt £300 - £350 per day, City of London