Jordans targets men with Macho Muesli web trial
By Gemma Charles, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 February 2008 08:45AM
LONDON - Jordans is trialling a breakfast cereal targeting men called Macho Muesli as part of a product innovation drive.
The product is an attempt to shift muesli from its female-oriented positioning to appeal to a wider audience.
The product is currently available only through a dedicated website, menandmuesli.co.uk, but the company plans to seek retail listings for the brand if it proves successful. Consumers who request a free sample of Macho Muesli from the site will also receive a sample of Jordans Special Nut Muesli.
Macho Muesli contains a base of 51% wholegrain cereals such as rolled oats and wheat flakes, which help combat circulatory diseases - the most frequent cause of death among men in the UK. It also contains Brazil and pecan nut pieces, a source of selenium, which Jordan claims is an essential ingredient for men's health and necessary for the immune system.
The product trial follows the appointment of Carol Welch as marketing and innovation director for the company (Marketing, 6 February).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Designer become £33 - 36K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Artworker Dahling Ltd £20,000 - 25,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role