Malcolm Poynton to leave Ogilvy
By Larissa Vince, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 March 2008 09:55AM
LONDON - Malcolm Poynton, the executive creative director at Ogilvy Advertising, is to leave the agency as part of a restructure.
Poynton's ECD role has been scrapped as part of the move, which will see the creative department led by the four existing creative partners - Greg Burke, Will Awdry, Alasdair Graham and Dennis Lewis.
Ogilvy Advertising managing director Guy Lambert said: "The creative partner system allows clients direct and continuous access to the people who are immersed in their business on a day-to-day basis. It is a natural progression to give these senior creatives overall accountability and sign-off for their own stable of brands.
"In Greg, Will, Alasdair and Dennis, we have a quartet of highly-experienced creative leaders who together will continue to refine and improve the agency's creative output."
Poynton has been at the since 2003, when he joined from Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney with a brief to raise the agency's creative profile.
For the full story, see this week's Campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Major Players £200 - £300 per day + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Stopgap £47000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance - 12 month contract, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account