BLM Clilverd lands £2.5m Grosvenor Casinos brief
By Isabella Piasecka, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 March 2008 12:00AM
BLM Clilverd has won the media account for Grosvenor Casinos, part of Rank Group, taking an estimated £2.5m chunk of the group's £5m media budget.
The regional agency, part of newly merged Arena BLM, is understood to have pitched against the incumbent Mediaedge:cia, as well as other, undisclosed agencies.
CIA Medianetwork, one of Mediaedge:cia's predecessors, landed Rank Group's account in June 1997 and has had a relationship with it ever since.
Rank Group, which also owns betting outfit Blue Square and Mecca Bingo, has been reviewing its media, as first revealed by Media Week last week.
The company is reviewing its media requirements in the wake of tougher trading conditions, prompted by the smoking ban and a government crackdown on gambling machines.
In its latest results, pre-tax profits were up to £46.2m from £40.2m, despite a "significant deterioration" in trading conditions.
Rank hopes that a targeted media campaign will raise awareness of its brands, and has set aside an estimated £5m for media in 2008.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Category Controller Ball & Hoolahan £90,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- French Sales Director tfconnect global recruitment £50,000 - £60,000 plus bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive x2 AF Selection £17,000 - £18,000, Greater Manchester
- Data Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £34K- £39K, London (Greater)