BLM Clilverd lands £2.5m Grosvenor Casinos brief
By Isabella Piasecka, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 March 2008 12:00AM
BLM Clilverd has won the media account for Grosvenor Casinos, part of Rank Group, taking an estimated £2.5m chunk of the group's £5m media budget.
The regional agency, part of newly merged Arena BLM, is understood to have pitched against the incumbent Mediaedge:cia, as well as other, undisclosed agencies.
CIA Medianetwork, one of Mediaedge:cia's predecessors, landed Rank Group's account in June 1997 and has had a relationship with it ever since.
Rank Group, which also owns betting outfit Blue Square and Mecca Bingo, has been reviewing its media, as first revealed by Media Week last week.
The company is reviewing its media requirements in the wake of tougher trading conditions, prompted by the smoking ban and a government crackdown on gambling machines.
In its latest results, pre-tax profits were up to £46.2m from £40.2m, despite a "significant deterioration" in trading conditions.
Rank hopes that a targeted media campaign will raise awareness of its brands, and has set aside an estimated £5m for media in 2008.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Regional Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car or C/A + Benefits, South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, South East England