BLM Clilverd lands £2.5m Grosvenor Casinos brief
By Isabella Piasecka, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 March 2008 12:00AM
BLM Clilverd has won the media account for Grosvenor Casinos, part of Rank Group, taking an estimated £2.5m chunk of the group's £5m media budget.
The regional agency, part of newly merged Arena BLM, is understood to have pitched against the incumbent Mediaedge:cia, as well as other, undisclosed agencies.
CIA Medianetwork, one of Mediaedge:cia's predecessors, landed Rank Group's account in June 1997 and has had a relationship with it ever since.
Rank Group, which also owns betting outfit Blue Square and Mecca Bingo, has been reviewing its media, as first revealed by Media Week last week.
The company is reviewing its media requirements in the wake of tougher trading conditions, prompted by the smoking ban and a government crackdown on gambling machines.
In its latest results, pre-tax profits were up to £46.2m from £40.2m, despite a "significant deterioration" in trading conditions.
Rank hopes that a targeted media campaign will raise awareness of its brands, and has set aside an estimated £5m for media in 2008.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham