AKQA spoofs Guinness ad for Pot Noodle viral
By Colin Marrs, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 March 2008 04:15PM
LONDON - AKQA has created a new viral for Pot Noodle, spoofing the Guinness Tipping Point campaign.
Named Tipping Pot, the viral mimics the expensive Nicolai Fuglsig advert featuring a domino rally featuring cars, hay bales and grandfather clocks.
However, the digital agency has relocated the action from an Argentinian mountainside village to a gritty council estate in north London .
Allan Little, brand development manager for Pot Noodle, said: "The community loved the idea and couldn't wait to get involved, which was brilliant.
"The Guinness ad is good, but I knew that by bringing it closer to home we could go one better. Their dominos only went downhill - we've got some that go up steps!"
The spoof viral features real people living on two estates, going about their day-to-day business.
The objects in the viral's domino chain include cigarette packets, mobile phones, a wheelchair, white goods and supermarket trolleys.
It is triggered after a drunk asleep on the bar of the estate's pub is woken by the sound of a fellow drinker breaking wind.
The ad ends with a woman with a London accent shouting: "Matthew - where's my fricking microwave?"
What do you think of the viral? Let us know what you think below.
Creative Agency: AKQA
Executive Creative Director: James Hilton
Writer: Colin Byrne
Planner: Mo Rogers
Account Director: Rowena Minhas
Agency Producer: Emily Bull
Producer: Lucy Hayes
Post Production: Smoke & Mirrors
Director: Dom Bridges
Editor: Dom Bridges, Nathan Perry Greene (Cut and Run)
Production Company: Mustard London
Media Agency: Cake
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Manager - Fab Agency GoodEgg Digital Circa £40k + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Specialist Stopgap £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Global Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England