SodaStream plans comeback with WAR campaign
By Alex Donohue, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 14 March 2008 11:15AM
LONDON - SodaStream plans to make a comeback through an integrated campaign devised by Ware Anthony Rust, involving advertising, PR, digital and trade marketing work.
The home-produced carbonated drinks brand, which rose to popularity during the 1970s and 80s, aims to promote its environmentally friendly features during the campaign as part of a wider move to reintroduce SodaStream to the market.
SodaStream became a popular brand in the UK during the 1970s and early 1980s, where its 17-year slogan, "Get busy with the fizzy", helped make the carbonated drinks maker a mainstay in UK households.
The famous strapline was ditched in 1996, and the brand's last major TV campaign was a Mitchell Paterson Grime Mitchell-created spot featuring comedian Lenny Henry.
WAR's appointment comes after SodaStream kicked off a review in December to reposition the brand towards a more contemporary audience.
Paul Hogben, managing director of SodaClub, the world's largest manufacturer of homemade soda makers, said: "We were extremely impressed with the enthusiasm and charisma that Ware Anthony Rust showed us during the pitch process.
"SodaStream has a fantastic heritage and through careful and impactful communications, we strongly believe we can increase both listings for and consumer uptake of our brand."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London