Crayon appoints Jonathan Clark as chairman
By Paul McNally, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 03 April 2008 11:30AM
LONDON - Digital marketing agency Crayon has hired Jonathan Clark, the co-founder of Clark McKay & Walpole, as its new chairman.
In the newly created role, he will oversee the expansion plans for the three-year-old agency, whose clients include UKTV, BT and Norwich Union.
Clark stepped down as chairman of CMW in October 2006, 12 years after it was founded and two years after its £5m sale to Media Square.
He will continue running his own start-up branding consultancy, Onion, alongside his responsibilites for Crayon.
Richard French, Crayon managing partner, said: "Having Jonathan on board will help Crayon develop our business and brand in a more purposeful way.
"We have spent a good deal of time looking at our positioning and introducing more advanced business metrics to make sure we're running the business as efficiently as possible."
In a separate move, one of Crayon's founding directors has left the company to set up his own planning consultancy.
Omaid Hiwaizi, a former art editor for i-D magazine, started out as creative director for the agency before moving to the role of planning director.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Customer Experience Manager PSD Group Up to £50k base + up to 15% bonus + flexi-benefits, Solihull, West Midlands
- Senior Project Manager - London - £35,000 Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014