Ideas Foundation creates mentoring council
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 02:55PM
LONDON - The Ideas Foundation has set up a mentoring service to increase opportunities within ad agencies for disadvantaged young people.
M&C Saatchi, Bartle Bogle Hegarty and McCann Erickson have joined the Mentor's Council as founder members.
This new initiative will see members providing financial support to the foundation's work, on top of providing work experience opportunities.
Moray MacLennan, the president of the IPA and chairman of M&C Saatchi, said: "It's vital for us to increase the diversity of people we employ and to use the widest possible talent pool we can to generate ideas for our clients."
Robin Wight, the founder of the Foundation and chairman of Engine Group, is hoping to encourage the UK's top 30 agencies to join the council over the next three months.
The top 30 agencies will be expected to contribute £5,000 each to the Ideas Foundation, plus an additional £5,000 if the agency has a particularly successful year.
For agencies outside the top 30, the initial £5,000 would only be payable if they have a successful year.
The Foundation will also establish groups of young creatives to take briefs from the Council's agencies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 plus company car, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire / Nottinghamshire / Derby, Derbyshire / Leicester, Leiceste...
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 - £450 per day, City of London
- Senior Account Manager or Account Director - Branding & Design Royds Raphael £220-£280 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad