Mad Men set to return to BBC Four next year
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 28 May 2008 12:55PM
LONDON - Sixties adland drama 'Mad Men' is returning to BBC Four for its second series next year after it concluded its critically acclaimed first season.
The second series has not yet aired in the US, but will be shown on cable and satellite channel AMCTV from July.
Leading character Don Draper, played by Jon Hamm, will be back to negotiate his complicated private life and the politics of Sterling Cooper, where he is partner and creative director.
Elisabeth Moss also returns ready to move on from her role as Draper's secretary Peggy Olsen having broken through the era's widespread misogyny to land a role as a junior copywriter in the conclusion of the first series, shown over the bank holiday weekend.
BBC Four won plaudits for picking up the first series, which was awarded the Golden Globe for best television drama series this year. The Daily Telegraph said the BBC pulled off "something of a coup" to secure 'Mad Men', which the Daily Mirror described as "cool and classy".
Sue Deeks, head of series BBC programme acquisition, acquired the series for BBC Four.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks