Santo releases 'Unhuggables' idents for Coca Cola
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 June 2008 11:45AM
LONDON - Santo London has created twelve 10-second idents for Coca-Cola featuring a man celebrating a goal by hugging a series of unhuggable strangers.
The spots, called The Unhuggables, will air across Europe and in the UK during the final stages of the Euro 2008 football championship.
The spots feature a man in a bar drinking a bottle of Coke just as his team scores.
Reaching out to hug someone in celebration, the man is greeted by a series of unhuggable characters including a beekeeper, a goth, a urinating statue, a giant and a cymbal-bashing monkey.
The ad closes with the line: “Football from the Coke side of life.”
Project name: “The Unhuggables”
Client: Ricardo Miquelino, advertising group manager, Coca Cola Football
Brief to push Coca-Cola’s sponsorship of the European Championship by celebrating the spontaneity of a goal hug
Creative agency: Santo London
Copywriter: Pablo Minces
Art director: Pablo Minces
Planner: Martin Cole
Production company: Che Revolution Post
Director: Andrés Fogwill
Exposure: TV Idents
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Birmingham
- Brand Manager Sky negotiable, Middlesex
- Web Designer / Front-End Designer / Digital Creative Guru Careers £35 - 50k DOE, Based in Angel, London (WC1)
- Senior Graphic Designer (retail) Beyond The Book £DOE, Northampton
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity