MasterCard launches Schools Out ad by McCann Erickson
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 July 2008 09:50AM
LONDON - MasterCard is celebrating the British obsession with summer holidays in its latest TV ad, created by McCann Erickson.
The ad is aimed at positioning the brand as the credit card of choice when travelling abroad.
The 60-second spot, which is accompanied by the Alice Cooper anthem "School's Out", opens on a group of office workers counting down the seconds until their summer holidays start.
As soon as the clock hits five o'clock a mass exodus occurs as the suits all make a mad dash for the airport.
When they arrive at their destination, the white- collar clan are seen diving into a hotel pool, fully clothed, with the strapline explaining: "Knowing you've earned every second: Priceless."
Project name: Cross Border campaign
Client: Rita Broe, Head of Marketing UK & Developed Markets, Ben Rhodes, Business Leader, Brand Marketing, MasterCard UK
Brief: To develop a Travel ‘Priceless' campaign that demonstrates MasterCard's acceptance around the world
Creative agency: McCann Erickson
Creative director: Jason Stewart
Planner: David Clements
Media agency: Universal McCann
Media planner: Ben Reilly/Alice Pott
Production company: Partizan
Editor: Final Cut
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Midweight Graphic Designer - Retail Network Career Consultants £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Midweight Graphic Designer Network Career Consultants £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014