MasterCard launches Schools Out ad by McCann Erickson
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 July 2008 09:50AM
LONDON - MasterCard is celebrating the British obsession with summer holidays in its latest TV ad, created by McCann Erickson.
The ad is aimed at positioning the brand as the credit card of choice when travelling abroad.
The 60-second spot, which is accompanied by the Alice Cooper anthem "School's Out", opens on a group of office workers counting down the seconds until their summer holidays start.
As soon as the clock hits five o'clock a mass exodus occurs as the suits all make a mad dash for the airport.
When they arrive at their destination, the white- collar clan are seen diving into a hotel pool, fully clothed, with the strapline explaining: "Knowing you've earned every second: Priceless."
Project name: Cross Border campaign
Client: Rita Broe, Head of Marketing UK & Developed Markets, Ben Rhodes, Business Leader, Brand Marketing, MasterCard UK
Brief: To develop a Travel ‘Priceless' campaign that demonstrates MasterCard's acceptance around the world
Creative agency: McCann Erickson
Creative director: Jason Stewart
Planner: David Clements
Media agency: Universal McCann
Media planner: Ben Reilly/Alice Pott
Production company: Partizan
Editor: Final Cut
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Media Planner - Exciting Mix of Clients Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- Affiliate Manager SAVVY Media Ltd £30-40K, London (Greater)
- PPC Account Manager SAVVY Media Ltd £30-40K, London (Greater)
- Biddable Media Executive SAVVY Media Ltd £22-28k, London (Greater)
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood