MasterCard launches Schools Out ad by McCann Erickson
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 July 2008 09:50AM
LONDON - MasterCard is celebrating the British obsession with summer holidays in its latest TV ad, created by McCann Erickson.
The ad is aimed at positioning the brand as the credit card of choice when travelling abroad.
The 60-second spot, which is accompanied by the Alice Cooper anthem "School's Out", opens on a group of office workers counting down the seconds until their summer holidays start.
As soon as the clock hits five o'clock a mass exodus occurs as the suits all make a mad dash for the airport.
When they arrive at their destination, the white- collar clan are seen diving into a hotel pool, fully clothed, with the strapline explaining: "Knowing you've earned every second: Priceless."
Project name: Cross Border campaign
Client: Rita Broe, Head of Marketing UK & Developed Markets, Ben Rhodes, Business Leader, Brand Marketing, MasterCard UK
Brief: To develop a Travel ‘Priceless' campaign that demonstrates MasterCard's acceptance around the world
Creative agency: McCann Erickson
Creative director: Jason Stewart
Planner: David Clements
Media agency: Universal McCann
Media planner: Ben Reilly/Alice Pott
Production company: Partizan
Editor: Final Cut
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £27000 per annum + plus car and excellent benefits, Stevenage