Interpublic unites media networks in new structure
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 09 July 2008 05:20PM
LONDON - Interpublic has created a media holding company structure called Mediabrands to house its networks Initiative and Universal McCann - as predicted by Campaign.
Matt Seiler, the president of PHD North America, has been appointed as global chief executive of Universal McCann, allowing Nick Brien to step up to become president and chief executive of Mediabrands.
Richard Beaven remains global chief executive of Initiative.
Michael Hudes, the global director of digital media for Clear Channel, also joins Mediabrands as president for its diversified media services and strategic development.
IPG said that it had no plans to merge the Initiative and Universal McCann brands.
Its decision to launch Mediabrands marks the second time IPG has attempted to create a media group structure. IPG Media, the previous incarnation, was wound down two years ago.
Brien said: "I am excited by this opportunity to lead an extremely talented, diverse and collaborative leadership team to imagine new approaches for delivery our clients the greatest business impact through media and marketing excellence."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Social Media & PR Manager - Leading Online Brand Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum Up to £45K + BENS, London
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London