Mercedes-Benz creates screwed-up DM campaign
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 July 2008 09:45AM
LONDON - Mercedes-Benz has created a new direct mail campaign in the form of a scrunched-up paper ball.
The new insert is targeted at garages and mechanics in the UK, encouraging them to use only Mercedes parts to repair customers' vehicles.
The insert arrives in foil, and can be straightened out, to reveal the strapline: "If your customer's Mercedes-Benz gets scrunched genuine parts can straighten it out perfectly?".
Client: Mercedes-Benz marketing executive Richard Wharton
Brief: Promote the benefits of Mercedes genuine parts to the trade
Creative agency: Maher Bird Associates
Writer: Sarah Pilkington
Art Director: David Read
Planner: Matt Wright
Media Agency: n/a
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Junior Managing Director - Branded Content and Experiential Agency Bamboo Crowd £80000 - £90000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Innovative Advertising Agency Bamboo Crowd £55000 - £65000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review