Public View - Snickers 'get some nuts' by AMV BBDO
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 04 August 2008 06:00AM
LONDON - Members of the public react to the news that Mars has withdrawn its latest Snickers ad, by AMV BBDO.
View Snickers 'get some nuts' by BBDO
Last week, Mars withdrew its latest ad for Snickers, starring Mr T.
The company had received complaints that the ad was homophobic, because the A-Team legend was bullying a speedwalker, for not "running like a man".
The decision has caused puzzlement among industry professionals (Mars withdraws 'homophobic' Snickers ad after complaints)
But what do members of the public think about the ad and the decision to shelve it? Watch the video above to find out.
Video produced by Vox Pops International on behalf of Campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- LEAD UI DESIGNER - SOUTH MANCHESTER - £55-60K +BONUS+BENEFITS Salt £55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Cheshire
- CRM & Social Media Manager | £50k | Leisure/Travel Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & bens, Nottinghamshire
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers