Public View - Snickers 'get some nuts' by AMV BBDO
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 04 August 2008 06:00AM
LONDON - Members of the public react to the news that Mars has withdrawn its latest Snickers ad, by AMV BBDO.
View Snickers 'get some nuts' by BBDO
Last week, Mars withdrew its latest ad for Snickers, starring Mr T.
The company had received complaints that the ad was homophobic, because the A-Team legend was bullying a speedwalker, for not "running like a man".
The decision has caused puzzlement among industry professionals (Mars withdraws 'homophobic' Snickers ad after complaints)
But what do members of the public think about the ad and the decision to shelve it? Watch the video above to find out.
Video produced by Vox Pops International on behalf of Campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake