Public View - Snickers 'get some nuts' by AMV BBDO
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 04 August 2008 06:00AM
LONDON - Members of the public react to the news that Mars has withdrawn its latest Snickers ad, by AMV BBDO.
View Snickers 'get some nuts' by BBDO
Last week, Mars withdrew its latest ad for Snickers, starring Mr T.
The company had received complaints that the ad was homophobic, because the A-Team legend was bullying a speedwalker, for not "running like a man".
The decision has caused puzzlement among industry professionals (Mars withdraws 'homophobic' Snickers ad after complaints)
But what do members of the public think about the ad and the decision to shelve it? Watch the video above to find out.
Video produced by Vox Pops International on behalf of Campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency Silverdrum up to £48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car Allowance, South East England
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad