Bacardi Global lines up agencies for global review
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 August 2008 12:45PM
LONDON - Bacardi Global Brands has contacted several network agencies as it looks to review its £100 million global advertising roster.
WPP's Y&R group currently handles the lion's share of Bacardi's global creative, including advertising for its flagship Bacardi Rum brand.
Adam Hillyer, BGB's global marketing services director is heading up the review. He has contacted network agencies to complete a RFI in the past week.
He is drawing up a longlist composed of roster and non-roster shops.
Industry sources suggest that BGB is looking for a network agency with a strong presence in London, New York, and the sub markets of Spain, Russia and Germany.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R was appointed to run the global business for Bacardi Martini out of the London office in December 2005, following a five-way pitch.
The contest spanned several months and involved Wieden & Kennedy, Fallon, David and Goliath, and the then incumbent McCann Erickson.
Other big Bacardi brands likely to be affected by the review are Grey Goose, 42 Below, Bombay Sapphire and Martini.
Meanwhile, it has emerged that Bacardi is holding a separate global pitch for its Dewar's Scotch whisky brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £300 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Copywriter Dubai MCG Associates Salary tax free plus relocation costs plus private healthcare, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Advertising Sales Account Manager - Lifestyle Brand - Publisher Silverdrum £35,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)