The World: New York - Mad Men inspires a retro fashion trend in the US
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 August 2008 12:00AM
Mad Men, the US drama series set in a Madison Avenue agency during the 60s, is set to inspire a new craze for retro fashion in the US.
Retailers are said to be stocking their shelves with slim suits, skinny ties, sheath dresses and pearls in readiness for the autumn.
Kevin Harter, the vice-president of fashion direction at Bloomingdale's, said: "As far as TV shows go, Mad Men probably has the most influence on fashion. And we're going to see this influence continue."
The store has featured Mad Men window displays and is staging an event with cast members at the end of September.
John Slattery, one of the stars of the series, features in a six-page fashion spread in GQ's August issue.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London