Draftfcb hires Orlov as Europe and Middle East president
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 26 August 2008 11:25AM
LONDON - Draftfcb's Europe and Middle East president David Florence has left the agency to be replaced by former Wunderman worldwide vice chairman Alexei Orlov, who will be based in London.
Florence ran Europe from New York over the past two years, but Draftfcb decided to relocate the role to London, with Orlov joining on September 4.
Laurence Boschetto, worldwide president and chief operating officer, said: "We owe David our deep appreciation for the many contributions he has made to establishing Draftfcb in Europe and the Middle East over the past two years, while helping to make it profitable -- and to Draft for 18 years before that."
Draftfcb has hired Orlov two months after it emerged he and EMEA president and chief executive were leaving Wunderman without jobs to go to after a restructure.
Orlov joined Wunderman in 2000 and rose to worldwide vice chairman and chief executive of global automotive operations, which involved managing relationships across 40 countries for Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Mazda and Rolls-Royce.
Earlier in his career he ran a strategic communications agency and was marketing director of Volvo UK for three years.
Boschetto said: "Alexei is well-suited for his new role. Over the past 25 years, he has established a clear track record for reinventing agencies and for resuscitating brands."
Draftfcb London handles Vauxhall's UK direct marketing account and Draftfcb Milan also has the General Motors Opel marque as a client.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure