Draftfcb hires Orlov as Europe and Middle East president
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 26 August 2008 11:25AM
LONDON - Draftfcb's Europe and Middle East president David Florence has left the agency to be replaced by former Wunderman worldwide vice chairman Alexei Orlov, who will be based in London.
Florence ran Europe from New York over the past two years, but Draftfcb decided to relocate the role to London, with Orlov joining on September 4.
Laurence Boschetto, worldwide president and chief operating officer, said: "We owe David our deep appreciation for the many contributions he has made to establishing Draftfcb in Europe and the Middle East over the past two years, while helping to make it profitable -- and to Draft for 18 years before that."
Draftfcb has hired Orlov two months after it emerged he and EMEA president and chief executive were leaving Wunderman without jobs to go to after a restructure.
Orlov joined Wunderman in 2000 and rose to worldwide vice chairman and chief executive of global automotive operations, which involved managing relationships across 40 countries for Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Mazda and Rolls-Royce.
Earlier in his career he ran a strategic communications agency and was marketing director of Volvo UK for three years.
Boschetto said: "Alexei is well-suited for his new role. Over the past 25 years, he has established a clear track record for reinventing agencies and for resuscitating brands."
Draftfcb London handles Vauxhall's UK direct marketing account and Draftfcb Milan also has the General Motors Opel marque as a client.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - 12 month maternity cover contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Nottingham
- Web Analyst - 2 Positions. RS Components Market Rate., London, Corby or Oxford
- Assistant Brand Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £28000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Croydon
- Digital Designer role in Berkshire - 25-35k Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity