McCann Erickson releases Staples ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 August 2008 11:50AM
LONDON - Staples is encouraging children to stock up their pencil cases before they go back to school in a new TV commercial, which breaks today.
The 30-second ad, created by McCann Erickson, opens on a typical classroom scene, with two schoolgirls sitting at a desk.
When one of the girls asks her friend if she can borrow a pen, her friend starts to reel off all the different types of pen she has in her pencil case, boring the girl to tears.
She finally settles on a pen that turns into a pencil, but that only prompts her friend to list all the pencils she could lend her instead.
The action then cuts to an explanation of the products that Staples has on offer, before the strapline "Staples: that was easy" appears.
Back to school
Yetunde Ige marketing director, Staples
Build awareness for Staples' back to school range
Annex Films, Prime Focus
National TV, national radio, national and regional press
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency Silverdrum up to £48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car Allowance, South East England
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad