McCann Erickson releases Staples ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 August 2008 11:50AM
LONDON - Staples is encouraging children to stock up their pencil cases before they go back to school in a new TV commercial, which breaks today.
The 30-second ad, created by McCann Erickson, opens on a typical classroom scene, with two schoolgirls sitting at a desk.
When one of the girls asks her friend if she can borrow a pen, her friend starts to reel off all the different types of pen she has in her pencil case, boring the girl to tears.
She finally settles on a pen that turns into a pencil, but that only prompts her friend to list all the pencils she could lend her instead.
The action then cuts to an explanation of the products that Staples has on offer, before the strapline "Staples: that was easy" appears.
Back to school
Yetunde Ige marketing director, Staples
Build awareness for Staples' back to school range
Annex Films, Prime Focus
National TV, national radio, national and regional press
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - luxury (approx. 3 months) Stopgap £210 - £230 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Freelance Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Freelance Powerpoint Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?