Ratcliffe promoted to chief executive of MediaCom UK
By Tristan O'Carroll, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 September 2008 03:00PM
LONDON - MediaCom UK managing director Jane Ratcliffe has been promoted to the role of UK chief executive, replacing Nick Lawson who has been made chief executive of MediaCom EMEA.
As first revealed by Mediaweek.co.uk last week, Ratcliffe and Lawson take up their positions immediately and both will continue to be based in London.
The changes have been instigated by incoming MediaCom worldwide chief executive Stephen Allan, who is succeeding Alexander Schmidt-Vogel, who had held the worldwide chief role since 2002.
Lawson has been serving as MediaCom UK's chief executive since 2005 and prior to that as joint managing director.
Allan said: "Nick joined MediaCom almost 20 years ago, and has shown time and time again a great talent for bringing together diverse personalities and getting them to work single-mindedly towards one goal."
Lawson said: "We already have tremendously talented people in the EMEA region. To grow our business, I want to build on these talents, give them more tools and support, as well as a richer networking platform on which to build. I am looking forward to taking our already strong EMEA team to an even higher level."
Ratcliffe said: "MediaCom UK is already a very successful business, but there is always more to be done. I know that we can take our work for our clients to a higher level and I know we can develop our people and our business further, a challenge I am thrilled to have in front of me."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Head of Customer and Digital Transformation Spotlight Recruitment £80000 - £90000 per annum + 30% bonus and great benefits, London
- Senior Digital Creative/Designer Pitch Consultants £35000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, Leicestershire
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control