Coca-Cola unveils Zero Zero 7 Bond ad
By Nikki Sandison, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 12 September 2008 09:45AM
LONDON - Coca-Cola is releasing a Wieden & Kennedy-created ad for its Bond tie-in Coke Zero Zero 7 in the style of the franchise's opening credits and featuring music by Jack White from The White Stripes.
The TV and cinema ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, pays homage to the classic Bond film intro sequence, with the gun barrel tracking Bond across the screen.
Music for the ad is by White Stripes frontman Jack White, who previously wrote 'Love is the Truth' for a Coke ad called "What goes around", by Mother London.
The music is an instrumental version of the new Bond theme tune for the film, which was written by White to be performed with Alicia Keys.
Using the red and black colours of Coke Zero, the ad sees Bond fighting off bad guys and chasing a woman in the hope of recovering a bottle of Coke Zero.
The ad breaks in the UK in mid-September ahead of the release of 'Quantum of Solace' on October 31.
The campaign, part of Coca-Cola's multi-million pound partnership with the film, will also include online activity, outdoor ads, a limited edition original glass bottle and an on-pack promotion created by BD Network.
Coca-Cola drinkers will be the first to re-enact scenarios encountered by Bond with an exclusive PC demo download of the official Quantum of Solace game available with every Coke Zero pack, thanks to a tie-up with games company Activisation.
The limited edition 'Quantum of Solace' bottle, featuring images of a gun barrel, Daniel Craig and silhouettes of Bond girls, will be available exclusively at Harrods from mid-October.
Bobby Britain, brand director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "The entire campaign, especially the TV advert, combines the drama of James Bond with the essence of Coca-Cola Zero in a stylish and contemporary fashion which will resonate with Coca-Cola Zero drinkers while attracting new consumers to the brand."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Welwyn Garden City
- Account Manager or SAM - Integrated Marketing - Herts Stonor £34,000 - £38,000 plus benefits, Herts
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account
- Made.com makes Scottish Referendum marketing "blunder"