Coca-Cola unveils Zero Zero 7 Bond ad
By Nikki Sandison, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 12 September 2008 09:45AM
LONDON - Coca-Cola is releasing a Wieden & Kennedy-created ad for its Bond tie-in Coke Zero Zero 7 in the style of the franchise's opening credits and featuring music by Jack White from The White Stripes.
The TV and cinema ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, pays homage to the classic Bond film intro sequence, with the gun barrel tracking Bond across the screen.
Music for the ad is by White Stripes frontman Jack White, who previously wrote 'Love is the Truth' for a Coke ad called "What goes around", by Mother London.
The music is an instrumental version of the new Bond theme tune for the film, which was written by White to be performed with Alicia Keys.
Using the red and black colours of Coke Zero, the ad sees Bond fighting off bad guys and chasing a woman in the hope of recovering a bottle of Coke Zero.
The ad breaks in the UK in mid-September ahead of the release of 'Quantum of Solace' on October 31.
The campaign, part of Coca-Cola's multi-million pound partnership with the film, will also include online activity, outdoor ads, a limited edition original glass bottle and an on-pack promotion created by BD Network.
Coca-Cola drinkers will be the first to re-enact scenarios encountered by Bond with an exclusive PC demo download of the official Quantum of Solace game available with every Coke Zero pack, thanks to a tie-up with games company Activisation.
The limited edition 'Quantum of Solace' bottle, featuring images of a gun barrel, Daniel Craig and silhouettes of Bond girls, will be available exclusively at Harrods from mid-October.
Bobby Britain, brand director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "The entire campaign, especially the TV advert, combines the drama of James Bond with the essence of Coca-Cola Zero in a stylish and contemporary fashion which will resonate with Coca-Cola Zero drinkers while attracting new consumers to the brand."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Creative Integrated Agency London Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benefits, North London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts