African Guinness ad imported to Ireland
By Staff, Campaign, Friday, 12 September 2008 10:35AM
LONDON - A new ad for Guinness, made for the African market, is now being shown in Ireland, home of the famous stout.
The ad, ‘tornado', has been produced by Saatchi & Saatchi, and is part of the brand's ‘greatness' strategy.
The ad illustrates an apocryphal story that Guinness is made by capturing the power of a raging tornado.
A spokeman for Saatchis said: "Tornado is so impactful that, for the first time, a Guinness commercial made originally for Africa is being exported around the world and a similar version will even be played in the brand's home - Ireland."
Saatchis is preparing for a major campaign next year to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the Guinness brand.
This article was first published on Campaign
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Brand Consultant Hasson Associates Up to £40k + car allowance, Buckinghamshire
- Brand Strategist - Maternity Cover at Trends, Innovation & Brand Strategy Consultancy Emma & Rachael & You £35 - £40k pro rata, Central London
- Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum, Reading