BBH shoots documentary for Oasis album launch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 September 2008 03:30PM
LONDON - Bartle Bogle Hegarty New York is producing a documentary to capture the launch of Oasis' new album "Dig Out Your Soul".
The project will see the Manchester band use the streets of the US city as the launch pad for their new release.
The day will begin with Oasis teaching songs from their new album to a group of more than 30 New York City street musicians from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
In the afternoon, the street musicians will take to the City streets to perform the songs , including new single ‘The Shock of the Lightning', publicly for the first time.
The musicians will also play at a number of well-known subway station platforms across the city, including Grand Central, Times Square, Penn Station and Astor Place.
Oasis is also encouraging fans to film the street musicians themselves, and post the resulting content on a YouTube channel dedicated to the album launch.
"This is a great example of new thinking applied to an album launch, a sort of backwards album release, where the music starts on the streets instead of ending up there," according to Kevin Roddy, executive creative director at BBH New York.
"There could not be a more relevant place for this new approach than the capital of street culture, New York City, which will provide a one-of-a-kind backdrop for Oasis's new songs to be unveiled."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films