Diageo appoints Quiet Storm to Red Stripe account
LONDON - Quiet Storm has been appointed to handle the advertising account for Red Stripe in Jamaica after a two-way competitive pitch.
The agency has been tasked with creating an integrated campaign that will combine television, print, online and experiential activity and breaks in Jamaica this month.
The new work focuses on a group of entrepreneurial and creative friends who buy a run-down car lot and turn it into an open-air nightclub for them and their friends to enjoy. The ad finishes on the new end line "bRedren".
The TV ad was shot in Miami and was written and art directed by Trevor Robinson and Neal Colyer. Robinson also directed the ad through Quiet Storm Films.
Darren Thomas, managing director of Quiet Storm, said: "Winning a brand like Red Stripe and working with Diageo is a dream come true. A client like Diageo demands brilliant advertising and we believe our new Red Stripe campaign will be both successful and memorable."
Diageo is Quiet Storm's sixth major win this year along with the COI, Haribo, Maoam, Associated Press and the Little, Brown Book Group.
The licence to brew Red Stripe in the UK is held by Wells & Young's, which most recently worked with Team Saatchi, but the agency no longer holds the account.
In its most recent activity in the UK Red Stripe sponsored this year's Camden Crawl music festival in April, and sponsored the Channel 4 music show 'Rockfeedback Presents'.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views