Diageo appoints Quiet Storm to Red Stripe account
LONDON - Quiet Storm has been appointed to handle the advertising account for Red Stripe in Jamaica after a two-way competitive pitch.
The agency has been tasked with creating an integrated campaign that will combine television, print, online and experiential activity and breaks in Jamaica this month.
The new work focuses on a group of entrepreneurial and creative friends who buy a run-down car lot and turn it into an open-air nightclub for them and their friends to enjoy. The ad finishes on the new end line "bRedren".
The TV ad was shot in Miami and was written and art directed by Trevor Robinson and Neal Colyer. Robinson also directed the ad through Quiet Storm Films.
Darren Thomas, managing director of Quiet Storm, said: "Winning a brand like Red Stripe and working with Diageo is a dream come true. A client like Diageo demands brilliant advertising and we believe our new Red Stripe campaign will be both successful and memorable."
Diageo is Quiet Storm's sixth major win this year along with the COI, Haribo, Maoam, Associated Press and the Little, Brown Book Group.
The licence to brew Red Stripe in the UK is held by Wells & Young's, which most recently worked with Team Saatchi, but the agency no longer holds the account.
In its most recent activity in the UK Red Stripe sponsored this year's Camden Crawl music festival in April, and sponsored the Channel 4 music show 'Rockfeedback Presents'.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Broadcast / Online Planning Manager -Leading Media Owner Aspire £45000.00 - £46000.00 per annum, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile