Comparethemarket.com calls ad pitch
By Alex Brownsell, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 September 2008 10:11AM
LONDON - Price-comparison website Comparethemarket.com has called a review of its £25m advertising account as it looks to improve its creative output in a cut-throat market.
The brand is inviting the incumbent, VCCP, which it appointed in March 2007, to repitch for the business. The review is being handled by the AAR.
Since appointing VCCP, which created its green and blue branding, the website has significantly increased its TV marketing to generate consumer awareness. As well as its sponsorship of Channel 4 drama, it has carried out several outdoor, radio and press ad campaigns.
Comparethemarket.com's marketing director, Mark Vile, said the sector had become 'highly competitive', so the brand needed to ensure it had the right marketing strategy.
The site ran a review of its media arrangements last November. This led to its appointment of Zenith-Optimedia, ending its long-standing relationship with MediaVest Manchester.
This month it tied up with vehicle repair chain Kwik Fit to give consumers who buy a Kwik Fit insurance policy through the site a £30 voucher redeemable at its outlets.
Meanwhile, rival brand Moneysupermarket.com recently relaunched its shopping channel with a fresh design and enhanced search results.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Direct Marketing & Social Media Manager FMCG Connect £30,000 - £35,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits, Newark, Nottinghamshire
- SAM - Tech Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot