Endemol launches sports division
By Maisie McCabe, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 25 September 2008 11:05AM
LONDON - Endemol, the production outfit behind Big Brother, is launching a global sports content division and has hired two former executives from sports content outfit IMG to run it.
Endemol will develop and manage sports channels across TV and digital media platforms, including joint ventures and partnerships. The production company already has some experience within the sports content arena, having operated a sports TV channel in the Netherlands, called Eredivisie Live.
Lawrence Duffy, former head of development at IMG Sports and a former BBC executive, and Gregg Oldfield, formerly vice-president of network ventures at IMG Media, have been appointed joint managing directors of Endemol Sport.
Duffy and Oldfield will be responsible for producing and distributing sports content for Endemol, such as live events coverage and factual sport programming.
As vice-president and head of development at IMG, Duffy was responsible for securing production business with broadcasters, sports federations and brands including the Olympic Games, African Cup of Nations and the Tour De France.
Oldfield helped create partnerships, joint ventures and sports channels across a variety of platforms for IMG.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- POS Assistant Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Client Services Director - Sydney Australia Twist Recruitment £105000 per annum, Eastern Suburbs Sydney
- TV Buyer - £26K - HUGE Client! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Media Editor Amlin Competitive salary and benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Executive Amlin Competitive salary and benefits, Brussels
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign