Proximity CEO leaves as Craik Jones merges
By James Quilter, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 02 October 2008 03:20PM
LONDON - Proximity chief executive Amanda Phillips has left the agency four weeks after the announcement of its merger with fellow BBDO shop Craik Jones.
Phillips' responsibilities will be carried out by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO group chief executive Cilla Snowball. It is not known whether Phillips has a job to go to.
During Phillips' time at Proximity the agency won the 2007 MCCA agency of the year award. She joined the company in 2004 as business development director from McCann Relationship Marketing.
Speaking to P&I last year, Phillips said she was attempting to build Proximity as an integrated agency but added that shaking off its direct marketing heritage was proving difficult.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham