Proximity CEO leaves as Craik Jones merges
By James Quilter, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 02 October 2008 03:20PM
LONDON - Proximity chief executive Amanda Phillips has left the agency four weeks after the announcement of its merger with fellow BBDO shop Craik Jones.
Phillips' responsibilities will be carried out by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO group chief executive Cilla Snowball. It is not known whether Phillips has a job to go to.
During Phillips' time at Proximity the agency won the 2007 MCCA agency of the year award. She joined the company in 2004 as business development director from McCann Relationship Marketing.
Speaking to P&I last year, Phillips said she was attempting to build Proximity as an integrated agency but added that shaking off its direct marketing heritage was proving difficult.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP