Proximity CEO leaves as Craik Jones merges
By James Quilter, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 02 October 2008 03:20PM
LONDON - Proximity chief executive Amanda Phillips has left the agency four weeks after the announcement of its merger with fellow BBDO shop Craik Jones.
Phillips' responsibilities will be carried out by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO group chief executive Cilla Snowball. It is not known whether Phillips has a job to go to.
During Phillips' time at Proximity the agency won the 2007 MCCA agency of the year award. She joined the company in 2004 as business development director from McCann Relationship Marketing.
Speaking to P&I last year, Phillips said she was attempting to build Proximity as an integrated agency but added that shaking off its direct marketing heritage was proving difficult.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £40K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Head of Strategy - Associate Director Level Rare Selection £70 - £80K + enhanced benefits package, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith