Sex Pistols' Rotten stars in Country Life butter ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 October 2008 12:00PM
LONDON - John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, appears in his first-ever TV ad to help promote Country Life butter, as part of a £5 million relaunch campaign for the brand.
Created by Grey London, the ad follows the former Sex Pistols lead vocalist as he seeks to explore what attracts him to the brand.
Lydon reckons it’s because Country Life is a British product, but after a hazardous journey across Britain, in which he’s chased by a herd of cows and perturbed by Morris dancers, Lydon realises that the taste of Country Life is the reason why it’s his butter of choice.
The TV spot will be supported by a two-week poster campaign and a revamped website.
Paul Fraser, marketing director (foods), Country Life
Raise awareness of Country Life as the only major British butter brand
John Ayling & Associates
John Smith, ?The White House
National TV, outdoor, online
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Services Director, Global Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Account Director- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up