Sex Pistols' Rotten stars in Country Life butter ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 October 2008 12:00PM
LONDON - John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, appears in his first-ever TV ad to help promote Country Life butter, as part of a £5 million relaunch campaign for the brand.
Created by Grey London, the ad follows the former Sex Pistols lead vocalist as he seeks to explore what attracts him to the brand.
Lydon reckons it’s because Country Life is a British product, but after a hazardous journey across Britain, in which he’s chased by a herd of cows and perturbed by Morris dancers, Lydon realises that the taste of Country Life is the reason why it’s his butter of choice.
The TV spot will be supported by a two-week poster campaign and a revamped website.
Paul Fraser, marketing director (foods), Country Life
Raise awareness of Country Life as the only major British butter brand
John Ayling & Associates
John Smith, ?The White House
National TV, outdoor, online
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Campaign Viral Chart: Always ad reaches no 1 for second time
- Agencies need to be more creative about creativity
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency