Sex Pistols' Rotten stars in Country Life butter ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 October 2008 12:00PM
LONDON - John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, appears in his first-ever TV ad to help promote Country Life butter, as part of a £5 million relaunch campaign for the brand.
Created by Grey London, the ad follows the former Sex Pistols lead vocalist as he seeks to explore what attracts him to the brand.
Lydon reckons it’s because Country Life is a British product, but after a hazardous journey across Britain, in which he’s chased by a herd of cows and perturbed by Morris dancers, Lydon realises that the taste of Country Life is the reason why it’s his butter of choice.
The TV spot will be supported by a two-week poster campaign and a revamped website.
Paul Fraser, marketing director (foods), Country Life
Raise awareness of Country Life as the only major British butter brand
John Ayling & Associates
John Smith, ?The White House
National TV, outdoor, online
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Product Marketing Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'