Sex Pistols' Rotten stars in Country Life butter ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 October 2008 12:00PM
LONDON - John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, appears in his first-ever TV ad to help promote Country Life butter, as part of a £5 million relaunch campaign for the brand.
Created by Grey London, the ad follows the former Sex Pistols lead vocalist as he seeks to explore what attracts him to the brand.
Lydon reckons it’s because Country Life is a British product, but after a hazardous journey across Britain, in which he’s chased by a herd of cows and perturbed by Morris dancers, Lydon realises that the taste of Country Life is the reason why it’s his butter of choice.
The TV spot will be supported by a two-week poster campaign and a revamped website.
Paul Fraser, marketing director (foods), Country Life
Raise awareness of Country Life as the only major British butter brand
John Ayling & Associates
John Smith, ?The White House
National TV, outdoor, online
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films