Sex Pistols' Rotten stars in Country Life butter ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 October 2008 12:00PM
LONDON - John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, appears in his first-ever TV ad to help promote Country Life butter, as part of a £5 million relaunch campaign for the brand.
Created by Grey London, the ad follows the former Sex Pistols lead vocalist as he seeks to explore what attracts him to the brand.
Lydon reckons it’s because Country Life is a British product, but after a hazardous journey across Britain, in which he’s chased by a herd of cows and perturbed by Morris dancers, Lydon realises that the taste of Country Life is the reason why it’s his butter of choice.
The TV spot will be supported by a two-week poster campaign and a revamped website.
Paul Fraser, marketing director (foods), Country Life
Raise awareness of Country Life as the only major British butter brand
John Ayling & Associates
John Smith, ?The White House
National TV, outdoor, online
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- HEAD OF ANALYTICS Harnham £100000 - £125000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Email Marketing Specialist:- Fashion,Retail,Campaign,Analytics Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 per annum, Birmingham
- Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £29000 per annum, Nottinghamshire