Sex Pistols' Rotten stars in Country Life butter ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 October 2008 12:00PM
LONDON - John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, appears in his first-ever TV ad to help promote Country Life butter, as part of a £5 million relaunch campaign for the brand.
Created by Grey London, the ad follows the former Sex Pistols lead vocalist as he seeks to explore what attracts him to the brand.
Lydon reckons it’s because Country Life is a British product, but after a hazardous journey across Britain, in which he’s chased by a herd of cows and perturbed by Morris dancers, Lydon realises that the taste of Country Life is the reason why it’s his butter of choice.
The TV spot will be supported by a two-week poster campaign and a revamped website.
Paul Fraser, marketing director (foods), Country Life
Raise awareness of Country Life as the only major British butter brand
John Ayling & Associates
John Smith, ?The White House
National TV, outdoor, online
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Producer - Top Social Media agency The Industry Club London Ltd 50K plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager -Summer freelance Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - freelance Stopgap £135 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Technical Account Manager - AdServer / DSP Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Services Account Manager - Digtial Media Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- 6 ads that made... Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- Steve Auckland becomes CEO of Independent and Evening Standard operations