W&K poaches Cole from Santo London
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 October 2008 12:00AM
Martin Cole, the founding partner of Santo London, has been poached by Wieden & Kennedy to take the role of planning director.
Cole's move comes just six months after he launched the London outpost of the WPP-backed Argentinian agency.
Cole replaces Stuart Smith, who left Wieden & Kennedy in August to join Google's New York-based creative agency, Google Creative Lab, as its planning director.
Cole's departure leaves Pablo Minces, Santo's creative director, at the helm of the London office, but a replacement is being sought for Cole.
Before joining Santo, Cole was the planning director at WPP. Before that, he worked as the planning director on Nokia at Grey and had a spell at Bartle Bogle Hegarty as a planner. He has also produced programmes for Channel 4 and worked as a recording artist with Virgin.
Cole said: "I'm delighted to get a chance to work for Wieden & Kennedy. There are many people inside the agency that I count as friends."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief