W&K poaches Cole from Santo London
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 October 2008 12:00AM
Martin Cole, the founding partner of Santo London, has been poached by Wieden & Kennedy to take the role of planning director.
Cole's move comes just six months after he launched the London outpost of the WPP-backed Argentinian agency.
Cole replaces Stuart Smith, who left Wieden & Kennedy in August to join Google's New York-based creative agency, Google Creative Lab, as its planning director.
Cole's departure leaves Pablo Minces, Santo's creative director, at the helm of the London office, but a replacement is being sought for Cole.
Before joining Santo, Cole was the planning director at WPP. Before that, he worked as the planning director on Nokia at Grey and had a spell at Bartle Bogle Hegarty as a planner. He has also produced programmes for Channel 4 and worked as a recording artist with Virgin.
Cole said: "I'm delighted to get a chance to work for Wieden & Kennedy. There are many people inside the agency that I count as friends."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)