W&K poaches Cole from Santo London
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 October 2008 12:00AM
Martin Cole, the founding partner of Santo London, has been poached by Wieden & Kennedy to take the role of planning director.
Cole's move comes just six months after he launched the London outpost of the WPP-backed Argentinian agency.
Cole replaces Stuart Smith, who left Wieden & Kennedy in August to join Google's New York-based creative agency, Google Creative Lab, as its planning director.
Cole's departure leaves Pablo Minces, Santo's creative director, at the helm of the London office, but a replacement is being sought for Cole.
Before joining Santo, Cole was the planning director at WPP. Before that, he worked as the planning director on Nokia at Grey and had a spell at Bartle Bogle Hegarty as a planner. He has also produced programmes for Channel 4 and worked as a recording artist with Virgin.
Cole said: "I'm delighted to get a chance to work for Wieden & Kennedy. There are many people inside the agency that I count as friends."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey