Paul Weiland drops roster to go it alone
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 October 2008 12:00AM
Paul Weiland is parting company with his roster of directors to go it alone, and is rebranding his production company to Weiland.
Weiland, who recently directed the movie Made of Honour, said he wants to focus again on commercials directing but with a back-to-basics approach.
"I want to personalise commercials directing again," Weiland said. "I want to get in at the beginning of the commercial process, discuss strategy, work with clients more closely, to understand them and their customers."
Weiland added that he would like to develop more relationships like the one he enjoys with Walkers Crisps. He has directed more than 60 Walkers commercials and is retained as a consultant to the company.
Weilands currently lists 14 directors on its books for local commercials representation, and four - including Richard Curtis and Hugh Laurie - for international representation. A number of these names are now expected to follow Weiland's executive producer Trine Pillay to the production company Home Corp.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London