Paul Weiland drops roster to go it alone
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 October 2008 12:00AM
Paul Weiland is parting company with his roster of directors to go it alone, and is rebranding his production company to Weiland.
Weiland, who recently directed the movie Made of Honour, said he wants to focus again on commercials directing but with a back-to-basics approach.
"I want to personalise commercials directing again," Weiland said. "I want to get in at the beginning of the commercial process, discuss strategy, work with clients more closely, to understand them and their customers."
Weiland added that he would like to develop more relationships like the one he enjoys with Walkers Crisps. He has directed more than 60 Walkers commercials and is retained as a consultant to the company.
Weilands currently lists 14 directors on its books for local commercials representation, and four - including Richard Curtis and Hugh Laurie - for international representation. A number of these names are now expected to follow Weiland's executive producer Trine Pillay to the production company Home Corp.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood