Paul Weiland drops roster to go it alone
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 October 2008 12:00AM
Paul Weiland is parting company with his roster of directors to go it alone, and is rebranding his production company to Weiland.
Weiland, who recently directed the movie Made of Honour, said he wants to focus again on commercials directing but with a back-to-basics approach.
"I want to personalise commercials directing again," Weiland said. "I want to get in at the beginning of the commercial process, discuss strategy, work with clients more closely, to understand them and their customers."
Weiland added that he would like to develop more relationships like the one he enjoys with Walkers Crisps. He has directed more than 60 Walkers commercials and is retained as a consultant to the company.
Weilands currently lists 14 directors on its books for local commercials representation, and four - including Richard Curtis and Hugh Laurie - for international representation. A number of these names are now expected to follow Weiland's executive producer Trine Pillay to the production company Home Corp.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager [Experiential] - Integrated Agency - Up to £31k Verbatim Search Up to £32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Purple Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager . Oxford/Banbury £30,000 plus bonus package to £40,000 plus Golf. Mark Paine Recruitment £30,000 plus bonus to £40,000 OTE plus car/ Golf, Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Social Media Officer Care Quality Commission £34,241, London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Adam & Eve/DDB grabs £100,000 prize from Posterscope