FirstGroup in hunt for digital agency
Campaign, Friday, 17 October 2008 12:00AM
FirstGroup, the train and bus operator, is on the hunt for a digital agency to work across its brands.
The company, which operates more than one in five local bus services and a number of freight train lines, is seeking an agency to handle a large web-build project that will produce a central website for the company's transport businesses.
These include: First Great Western, First ScotRail, First Capital Connect, First Trans- Pennine Express, Hull Trains and First GBRf.
The hunt for a digital shop follows the travel operator concluding a review of its £10 million media planning and buying account. FirstGroup appointed MEC Manchester to the business in August.
It is understood that the company's roster of creative agencies, including Covey McCormick, Dig For Fire, Guerilla Marketing and LiveFX, will not be affected by the process.
A spokesman for FirstGroup confirmed that the transport company was seeking a digital agency.
This article was first published on Campaign
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Retention Manager Salt £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Digital Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Assistant Propel £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, City of London
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.