Blackett steps up to MediaCom Euro job
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2008 12:00AM
Karen Blackett, the marketing director at WPP's Media-Com, has been appointed as the agency's chief operations director for Europe.
The move is part of a broader restructure of MediaCom's senior management team across the UK and EMEA, to be announced in the coming weeks.
In her new role, Blackett will work alongside Nick Lawson, the new chief executive of MediaCom EMEA. She will work on the agency's development and growth of new business in European markets.
Lawson, the former chief executive of MediaCom UK, took on his EMEA role in August and was replaced as the UK chief executive by the agency's managing director, Jane Ratcliffe.
Blackett joined the agency in 1998 as a planner from The Media Business following its merger with MediaCom.
She was promoted to the board three years later and was made the marketing director at MediaCom in 2003. Accounts she has worked on include Procter & Gamble, Nokia and GlaxoSmithKline.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - Integrated Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive , Bournemouth
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- The role of private equity in adland
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Omnicom dispute to drive down Channel 5 prices in H2