Grey launches innovative ad for Toshiba
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 November 2008 11:05AM
LONDON - Grey London has released a new ad for Toshiba, building on techniques made famous by The Matrix.
The agency calls the technique ‘timesculpture', and says it is a progression of the "bullet time" technique used in the 1999 film.
But whereas The Matrix used a 3-D rotation of a still image, the new ad uses a similar technique with moving images.
The ad was shot on 200 Toshiba Gigashot cameras, which Grey claims is the largest number of cameras ever used in a film sequence.
The production company The Mill used an immense storage device to deal with the 20 terrabytes of footage used in the ad.
View a film about the making of the ad:
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Gemini Search £28000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director Gemini Search £70000.00 - £80000 per annum, London
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign