Grey launches innovative ad for Toshiba
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 November 2008 11:05AM
LONDON - Grey London has released a new ad for Toshiba, building on techniques made famous by The Matrix.
The agency calls the technique ‘timesculpture', and says it is a progression of the "bullet time" technique used in the 1999 film.
But whereas The Matrix used a 3-D rotation of a still image, the new ad uses a similar technique with moving images.
The ad was shot on 200 Toshiba Gigashot cameras, which Grey claims is the largest number of cameras ever used in a film sequence.
The production company The Mill used an immense storage device to deal with the 20 terrabytes of footage used in the ad.
View a film about the making of the ad:
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham