Grey launches innovative ad for Toshiba
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 November 2008 11:05AM
LONDON - Grey London has released a new ad for Toshiba, building on techniques made famous by The Matrix.
The agency calls the technique ‘timesculpture', and says it is a progression of the "bullet time" technique used in the 1999 film.
But whereas The Matrix used a 3-D rotation of a still image, the new ad uses a similar technique with moving images.
The ad was shot on 200 Toshiba Gigashot cameras, which Grey claims is the largest number of cameras ever used in a film sequence.
The production company The Mill used an immense storage device to deal with the 20 terrabytes of footage used in the ad.
View a film about the making of the ad:
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London