Specsavers viral spoofs Barclaycard 'waterslide' ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 November 2008 03:40PM
LONDON - The Specsavers in-house creative team today released a viral sending up Barclaycard's 'waterslide' ad.
The viral, filmed in the company's Guernsey offices, was completed in two days on a shoestring budget.
In this version of the story, the hero launches himself into a chute which ends up in a manky skip.
The "Should have gone to Specsavers" branding appears over the top of a muffled "bollocks"
Specsavers creative director, Graham Daldry, said: "The Barclaycard ad was like a gift to us. Their man could've so easily been cast for Specsavers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Manager createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad