Specsavers viral spoofs Barclaycard 'waterslide' ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 November 2008 03:40PM
LONDON - The Specsavers in-house creative team today released a viral sending up Barclaycard's 'waterslide' ad.
The viral, filmed in the company's Guernsey offices, was completed in two days on a shoestring budget.
In this version of the story, the hero launches himself into a chute which ends up in a manky skip.
The "Should have gone to Specsavers" branding appears over the top of a muffled "bollocks"
Specsavers creative director, Graham Daldry, said: "The Barclaycard ad was like a gift to us. Their man could've so easily been cast for Specsavers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films