IDM overhauls digital and data categories for 2009 awards
By Nikki Sandison, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 17 November 2008 02:15PM
LONDON - The Institute of Direct Marketing has given a complete overhaul to the digital and data sections of its 2009 Business Performance Awards to reflect the impact they have on current marketing practices.
The number of awards within the digital section has been increased to six:
- Search engine marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Digital innovation
- Online display advertising
- Best use of email marketing
A best new products category has also been added to reflect the "innovation" that is taking place in data.
The awards, which are in their 11th year and now open for entry, will be sponsored for the second year by data value management specialist DQM Group.
They comprise a top tier Diamond Award for the marketing programme judged to have had the most outstanding impact on overall business performance, and up to 12 individual category awards for excellence in the disciplines of direct, data and digital marketing.
Adrian Gregory, BPA judge and managing director of DQM Group, said: "As we approach 2009 it is no longer appropriate to judge, say, an email campaign against a piece of search marketing simply because they both sit under the digital umbrella.
"The digital discipline has matured to a point where it has its own distinct sub-disciplines, all presenting their own challenges and where good work deserves to be recognised with its own specific award."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Client Manager - Pitches & Proposals ADLIB £28000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, pension etc, Bristol
- Digital Designer Required | Remote Contract | 3 Month Rolling Salt £300 - £400 per day, London
- Digital Manager - Media Agency (Branding) Silverdrum Up to £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)