Warner Bros hires Cochrane as marketing director
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 November 2008 03:15PM
Warner Bros UK has appointed former Channel 4 director of marketing Polly Cochrane to the newly created role of vice president of group marketing.
Cochrane will join WBUK in April next year and will report to Josh Berger, president and managing director.
She will be responsible for marketing across all of WBUK’s operating divisions - WB Pictures International, Warner Home Video, WB International Television Distribution, WB Digital Distribution, WB Interactive Entertainment and WB Consumer Products. She will manage a team of 44 marketing staff and join the executive board.
Cochrane left Channel 4 last month as part of a restructure of the broadcaster's marketing operation. She had been at C4 for 10 years, and had overseen the development of its multi-platform products, including E4, More4, 4 Music and 4oD.
Josh Berger said: Polly is one of the most respected marketers of her generation with a proven track record of innovation and creativity that’s second to none.
"I’ve no doubt she will inspire our talented UK marketing group to even greater heights, and be a superb addition to WBUK’s senior management team.
Prior to Channel 4, Cochrane was head of advertising and promotions for Channel 5. She started her career at WCRS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Mid/ Senior Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Executive!! - Gaming & Technology Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Media Specialist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £33000 per annum, County of Herefordshire
- Senior Communications Planning 9 Month FTC PSD Group Up to £69,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film