Warner Bros hires Cochrane as marketing director
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 November 2008 03:15PM
Warner Bros UK has appointed former Channel 4 director of marketing Polly Cochrane to the newly created role of vice president of group marketing.
Cochrane will join WBUK in April next year and will report to Josh Berger, president and managing director.
She will be responsible for marketing across all of WBUK’s operating divisions - WB Pictures International, Warner Home Video, WB International Television Distribution, WB Digital Distribution, WB Interactive Entertainment and WB Consumer Products. She will manage a team of 44 marketing staff and join the executive board.
Cochrane left Channel 4 last month as part of a restructure of the broadcaster's marketing operation. She had been at C4 for 10 years, and had overseen the development of its multi-platform products, including E4, More4, 4 Music and 4oD.
Josh Berger said: Polly is one of the most respected marketers of her generation with a proven track record of innovation and creativity that’s second to none.
"I’ve no doubt she will inspire our talented UK marketing group to even greater heights, and be a superb addition to WBUK’s senior management team.
Prior to Channel 4, Cochrane was head of advertising and promotions for Channel 5. She started her career at WCRS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Development Director Newcastle Gateshead Initiative £50-60k plus benefits, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear / Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films