Warner Bros hires Cochrane as marketing director
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 November 2008 03:15PM
Warner Bros UK has appointed former Channel 4 director of marketing Polly Cochrane to the newly created role of vice president of group marketing.
Cochrane will join WBUK in April next year and will report to Josh Berger, president and managing director.
She will be responsible for marketing across all of WBUK’s operating divisions - WB Pictures International, Warner Home Video, WB International Television Distribution, WB Digital Distribution, WB Interactive Entertainment and WB Consumer Products. She will manage a team of 44 marketing staff and join the executive board.
Cochrane left Channel 4 last month as part of a restructure of the broadcaster's marketing operation. She had been at C4 for 10 years, and had overseen the development of its multi-platform products, including E4, More4, 4 Music and 4oD.
Josh Berger said: Polly is one of the most respected marketers of her generation with a proven track record of innovation and creativity that’s second to none.
"I’ve no doubt she will inspire our talented UK marketing group to even greater heights, and be a superb addition to WBUK’s senior management team.
Prior to Channel 4, Cochrane was head of advertising and promotions for Channel 5. She started her career at WCRS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer - Agency £35,000 Nakama £20,000 - £35,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £70000 per annum, London
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Sub Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager VMA Group Up to £40k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood