Warner Bros hires Cochrane as marketing director
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 November 2008 03:15PM
Warner Bros UK has appointed former Channel 4 director of marketing Polly Cochrane to the newly created role of vice president of group marketing.
Cochrane will join WBUK in April next year and will report to Josh Berger, president and managing director.
She will be responsible for marketing across all of WBUK’s operating divisions - WB Pictures International, Warner Home Video, WB International Television Distribution, WB Digital Distribution, WB Interactive Entertainment and WB Consumer Products. She will manage a team of 44 marketing staff and join the executive board.
Cochrane left Channel 4 last month as part of a restructure of the broadcaster's marketing operation. She had been at C4 for 10 years, and had overseen the development of its multi-platform products, including E4, More4, 4 Music and 4oD.
Josh Berger said: Polly is one of the most respected marketers of her generation with a proven track record of innovation and creativity that’s second to none.
"I’ve no doubt she will inspire our talented UK marketing group to even greater heights, and be a superb addition to WBUK’s senior management team.
Prior to Channel 4, Cochrane was head of advertising and promotions for Channel 5. She started her career at WCRS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Global Omnichannel Marketing Analytics Leader Recruitment Revolution £25,000 to £35,000 + 10% bonus + pension, Brighton, East Sussex
- Community Marketing Coordinator - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Advertising Technology Executive - Media Owner (Music & Ents) Silverdrum Up to £35,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing/Account Executive Brand Recruitment £15000 - £25000 per annum + plus benefits, Cambridge
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Digital surge drives UK advertising's fastest growth for four years
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'