Warner Bros hires Cochrane as marketing director
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 November 2008 03:15PM
Warner Bros UK has appointed former Channel 4 director of marketing Polly Cochrane to the newly created role of vice president of group marketing.
Cochrane will join WBUK in April next year and will report to Josh Berger, president and managing director.
She will be responsible for marketing across all of WBUK’s operating divisions - WB Pictures International, Warner Home Video, WB International Television Distribution, WB Digital Distribution, WB Interactive Entertainment and WB Consumer Products. She will manage a team of 44 marketing staff and join the executive board.
Cochrane left Channel 4 last month as part of a restructure of the broadcaster's marketing operation. She had been at C4 for 10 years, and had overseen the development of its multi-platform products, including E4, More4, 4 Music and 4oD.
Josh Berger said: Polly is one of the most respected marketers of her generation with a proven track record of innovation and creativity that’s second to none.
"I’ve no doubt she will inspire our talented UK marketing group to even greater heights, and be a superb addition to WBUK’s senior management team.
Prior to Channel 4, Cochrane was head of advertising and promotions for Channel 5. She started her career at WCRS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Research manager | Youth insight, sports clients Elizabeth Norman International £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Pitch Consultants £50000 - £70000 per annum, Birmingham
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant