Rapier loses Virgin Media to RKCR/Y&R
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 07:00AM
LONDON - Virgin Media has consolidated its £41 million above-the-line business into Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
The account was previously split between Rapier and RKCR/Y&R, with Rapier handling most of its brand TV work, including campaigns featuring Uma Thurman and Samuel L Jackson.
RKCR/Y&R handled more tactical activity. It also created the recent animated TV campaign featuring Kelly Osbourne.
Rapier, which had won the high-profile brand launch brief for Virgin Media in 2007, will continue to handle all direct marketing activity for Virgin Media.
Media planning and buying remains with Manning Gottlieb OMD, and Goodstuff continues to work on communications planning.
The consolidation follows an internal review led by Ashley Stockwell, the recently appointed managing director of brand and marketing.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs