Rapier loses Virgin Media to RKCR/Y&R
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 07:00AM
LONDON - Virgin Media has consolidated its £41 million above-the-line business into Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
The account was previously split between Rapier and RKCR/Y&R, with Rapier handling most of its brand TV work, including campaigns featuring Uma Thurman and Samuel L Jackson.
RKCR/Y&R handled more tactical activity. It also created the recent animated TV campaign featuring Kelly Osbourne.
Rapier, which had won the high-profile brand launch brief for Virgin Media in 2007, will continue to handle all direct marketing activity for Virgin Media.
Media planning and buying remains with Manning Gottlieb OMD, and Goodstuff continues to work on communications planning.
The consolidation follows an internal review led by Ashley Stockwell, the recently appointed managing director of brand and marketing.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Account Manager Stopgap £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Account Manager Stopgap £180 - £200 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Dublin
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)