Rapier loses Virgin Media to RKCR/Y&R
LONDON - Virgin Media has consolidated its £41 million above-the-line business into Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
The account was previously split between Rapier and RKCR/Y&R, with Rapier handling most of its brand TV work, including campaigns featuring Uma Thurman and Samuel L Jackson.
RKCR/Y&R handled more tactical activity. It also created the recent animated TV campaign featuring Kelly Osbourne.
Rapier, which had won the high-profile brand launch brief for Virgin Media in 2007, will continue to handle all direct marketing activity for Virgin Media.
Media planning and buying remains with Manning Gottlieb OMD, and Goodstuff continues to work on communications planning.
The consolidation follows an internal review led by Ashley Stockwell, the recently appointed managing director of brand and marketing.
This article was first published on Campaign
- Group Account Director - digital - financial brand - LONDON - £75k + bens Barker Graves Up to £75k + bens, Central London
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- SAE/Junior Account Manager Barker Graves £25-£26k, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment - South Bank - £30k + bens Barker Graves £30k + bens, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web