Rapier loses Virgin Media to RKCR/Y&R
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 07:00AM
LONDON - Virgin Media has consolidated its £41 million above-the-line business into Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
The account was previously split between Rapier and RKCR/Y&R, with Rapier handling most of its brand TV work, including campaigns featuring Uma Thurman and Samuel L Jackson.
RKCR/Y&R handled more tactical activity. It also created the recent animated TV campaign featuring Kelly Osbourne.
Rapier, which had won the high-profile brand launch brief for Virgin Media in 2007, will continue to handle all direct marketing activity for Virgin Media.
Media planning and buying remains with Manning Gottlieb OMD, and Goodstuff continues to work on communications planning.
The consolidation follows an internal review led by Ashley Stockwell, the recently appointed managing director of brand and marketing.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- CRM Manager, London, £50,000 Direct Recruitment £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Account Manager, London, £30k Direct Recruitment £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategy Director, 70k-90k + bens Direct Recruitment £70k-90k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy