Rapier loses Virgin Media to RKCR/Y&R
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 07:00AM
LONDON - Virgin Media has consolidated its £41 million above-the-line business into Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
The account was previously split between Rapier and RKCR/Y&R, with Rapier handling most of its brand TV work, including campaigns featuring Uma Thurman and Samuel L Jackson.
RKCR/Y&R handled more tactical activity. It also created the recent animated TV campaign featuring Kelly Osbourne.
Rapier, which had won the high-profile brand launch brief for Virgin Media in 2007, will continue to handle all direct marketing activity for Virgin Media.
Media planning and buying remains with Manning Gottlieb OMD, and Goodstuff continues to work on communications planning.
The consolidation follows an internal review led by Ashley Stockwell, the recently appointed managing director of brand and marketing.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'