Lenovo switches Formula One sponsorship to McLaren Mercedes
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 08 December 2008 09:30AM
LONDON - Lenovo is switching its Formula One sponsorship from AT&T Williams to Lewis Hamilton's Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team.
Lenovo will announce the deal tomorrow but according to sources, the company will pay a similar fee to that it currently pays to sponsor Williams. However, it is believed the deal will not involve any on-car branding.
The brand, which is also a global sponsor of the Olympic Games, will push its branding through trackside ads.
The news comes as a timely boost for McLaren. Team boss Ron Dennis has estimated that the team's revenues could drop by as much as £100m as sponsors cut advertising budgets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- EMEA Mobile Agency Manager (Mobile Ad Technology) Digital Gurus £45000 per annum + 90,000 OTE, London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London