Lenovo switches Formula One sponsorship to McLaren Mercedes
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 08 December 2008 09:30AM
LONDON - Lenovo is switching its Formula One sponsorship from AT&T Williams to Lewis Hamilton's Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team.
Lenovo will announce the deal tomorrow but according to sources, the company will pay a similar fee to that it currently pays to sponsor Williams. However, it is believed the deal will not involve any on-car branding.
The brand, which is also a global sponsor of the Olympic Games, will push its branding through trackside ads.
The news comes as a timely boost for McLaren. Team boss Ron Dennis has estimated that the team's revenues could drop by as much as £100m as sponsors cut advertising budgets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Loyalty Managers Direct Recruitment €70,000, Germany (DE)
- Creative Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £27,000, Reigate, Surrey
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)