Lenovo switches Formula One sponsorship to McLaren Mercedes
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 08 December 2008 09:30AM
LONDON - Lenovo is switching its Formula One sponsorship from AT&T Williams to Lewis Hamilton's Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team.
Lenovo will announce the deal tomorrow but according to sources, the company will pay a similar fee to that it currently pays to sponsor Williams. However, it is believed the deal will not involve any on-car branding.
The brand, which is also a global sponsor of the Olympic Games, will push its branding through trackside ads.
The news comes as a timely boost for McLaren. Team boss Ron Dennis has estimated that the team's revenues could drop by as much as £100m as sponsors cut advertising budgets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager - Senior Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Channel Marketing Manager, London, up to £46k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, North London
- Graduate Insight Executive Elizabeth Norman International Ã‚£18000 - Ã‚£20000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - London - 20-35k Creative Recruitment Ã‚£20000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Interactive Art Director/Design Director Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 Per Annum, London