Wickes launches first TV ad in 10 years
By Nikki Sandison, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 12 December 2008 11:45AM
LONDON - Wickes, the home improvement retailer, is launching its first national TV ad campaign in almost 10 years to encourage brand loyalty, and plans to invest £15m in advertising in 2009.
The MWO-created campaign, breaking on December 21, will include six executions focusing on a job well done with the strapline "It's got our name on it".
The first 30-second ad, voiced by 'Harry Potter' actor Timothy Spall, shows a man fitting his kitchen.
Just before he slides the last drawer into place, he signs his name on the back of the drawer to show he's proud of the job he has done.
A voiceover explains that Wickes is proud to sell quality kitchens at great value prices and the ad finishes with the line "It's got our name on it. Wickes."
The series of executions will showcase a range of different Wickes products, including tiles, decking, doors and spirit levels, designed to demonstrate the pride Wickes take in delivering quality products.
The TV campaign will coincide with a national print campaign and wider marketing activities, including PR and in-store communication, being rolled out from January.
Matthew Critchley, brand director at Wickes, said: "Our new campaign sums up everything that Wickes is about -- quality own-label products our customers, and colleagues, can be proud of.
"A launch onto TV is a significant marketing development for the company and will provide us with a greater share of voice in this tough market."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM Data Manager McLaren Automotive Up to £40,000 per annum + benefits , Woking, Surrey
- COMMS PLANNING MANAGER - MID SIZED MEDIA AGENCY Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER @ BOUTIQUE MEDIA AGENCY - £40k! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Events Producer wanted - Gala Dinners, Awards & more! Network Career Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred