Wickes launches first TV ad in 10 years
By Nikki Sandison, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 12 December 2008 11:45AM
LONDON - Wickes, the home improvement retailer, is launching its first national TV ad campaign in almost 10 years to encourage brand loyalty, and plans to invest £15m in advertising in 2009.
The MWO-created campaign, breaking on December 21, will include six executions focusing on a job well done with the strapline "It's got our name on it".
The first 30-second ad, voiced by 'Harry Potter' actor Timothy Spall, shows a man fitting his kitchen.
Just before he slides the last drawer into place, he signs his name on the back of the drawer to show he's proud of the job he has done.
A voiceover explains that Wickes is proud to sell quality kitchens at great value prices and the ad finishes with the line "It's got our name on it. Wickes."
The series of executions will showcase a range of different Wickes products, including tiles, decking, doors and spirit levels, designed to demonstrate the pride Wickes take in delivering quality products.
The TV campaign will coincide with a national print campaign and wider marketing activities, including PR and in-store communication, being rolled out from January.
Matthew Critchley, brand director at Wickes, said: "Our new campaign sums up everything that Wickes is about -- quality own-label products our customers, and colleagues, can be proud of.
"A launch onto TV is a significant marketing development for the company and will provide us with a greater share of voice in this tough market."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham