Wickes launches first TV ad in 10 years
By Nikki Sandison, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 12 December 2008 11:45AM
LONDON - Wickes, the home improvement retailer, is launching its first national TV ad campaign in almost 10 years to encourage brand loyalty, and plans to invest £15m in advertising in 2009.
The MWO-created campaign, breaking on December 21, will include six executions focusing on a job well done with the strapline "It's got our name on it".
The first 30-second ad, voiced by 'Harry Potter' actor Timothy Spall, shows a man fitting his kitchen.
Just before he slides the last drawer into place, he signs his name on the back of the drawer to show he's proud of the job he has done.
A voiceover explains that Wickes is proud to sell quality kitchens at great value prices and the ad finishes with the line "It's got our name on it. Wickes."
The series of executions will showcase a range of different Wickes products, including tiles, decking, doors and spirit levels, designed to demonstrate the pride Wickes take in delivering quality products.
The TV campaign will coincide with a national print campaign and wider marketing activities, including PR and in-store communication, being rolled out from January.
Matthew Critchley, brand director at Wickes, said: "Our new campaign sums up everything that Wickes is about -- quality own-label products our customers, and colleagues, can be proud of.
"A launch onto TV is a significant marketing development for the company and will provide us with a greater share of voice in this tough market."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough