Volkswagen high-kicks into latest campaign for new Golf
LONDON - Volkswagen are taking inspiration from the east with its latest campaign, created by DDB, for new model Golf VI.
A martial-art style fight scene, directed by Ivan Zacharias, takes place in the German factory where the new Golf is made. The epic encounter that ensues is between the chief designer of the newest model and numerous replicates of himself.
Morna Steel, communications manager at Volkswagen UK, said: "When we set ourselves the challenge to improve on the Golf Mk V, our main target was to outdo ourselves. This commercial highlights in dramatic fashion exactly how hard that challenge was."
Bearing the strapline: "Sometimes the only one you have to beat is yourself", Volkswagen are setting a benchmark to challenge only their own creativity, and outperform their existing Golf model.
Country: United Kingdom
Agency: DDB London
Director: Ivan Zacharias
Art Director: Shishir Patel
This article was first published on Campaign
- Motion Designer Premier Media Plus Benefits, Central London
- Digital Marketing Executive Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benfits, Leeds
- Email Campaign Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Cambridge
- Marketing Executive - Email & Retention (1 year contract) Brand Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + per annum + excellent benefits, Sleaford
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £30k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.