Volkswagen high-kicks into latest campaign for new Golf
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 22 December 2008 10:40AM
LONDON - Volkswagen are taking inspiration from the east with its latest campaign, created by DDB, for new model Golf VI.
A martial-art style fight scene, directed by Ivan Zacharias, takes place in the German factory where the new Golf is made. The epic encounter that ensues is between the chief designer of the newest model and numerous replicates of himself.
Morna Steel, communications manager at Volkswagen UK, said: "When we set ourselves the challenge to improve on the Golf Mk V, our main target was to outdo ourselves. This commercial highlights in dramatic fashion exactly how hard that challenge was."
Bearing the strapline: "Sometimes the only one you have to beat is yourself", Volkswagen are setting a benchmark to challenge only their own creativity, and outperform their existing Golf model.
Country: United Kingdom
Agency: DDB London
Director: Ivan Zacharias
Art Director: Shishir Patel
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - London (part-time/flexible hours) PPS Group Up to £25,000 pro-rata + flexible benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £25000 - £29000 per annum, London