Volkswagen high-kicks into latest campaign for new Golf
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 22 December 2008 10:40AM
LONDON - Volkswagen are taking inspiration from the east with its latest campaign, created by DDB, for new model Golf VI.
A martial-art style fight scene, directed by Ivan Zacharias, takes place in the German factory where the new Golf is made. The epic encounter that ensues is between the chief designer of the newest model and numerous replicates of himself.
Morna Steel, communications manager at Volkswagen UK, said: "When we set ourselves the challenge to improve on the Golf Mk V, our main target was to outdo ourselves. This commercial highlights in dramatic fashion exactly how hard that challenge was."
Bearing the strapline: "Sometimes the only one you have to beat is yourself", Volkswagen are setting a benchmark to challenge only their own creativity, and outperform their existing Golf model.
Country: United Kingdom
Agency: DDB London
Director: Ivan Zacharias
Art Director: Shishir Patel
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - PR AGENCY Live Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager Beyond The Book £30000.00 - £37000.00 per annum, South East
- Digital Marketing Exec,Financial services,London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Mid-weight Digital Designer Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign