Volkswagen high-kicks into latest campaign for new Golf
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 22 December 2008 10:40AM
LONDON - Volkswagen are taking inspiration from the east with its latest campaign, created by DDB, for new model Golf VI.
A martial-art style fight scene, directed by Ivan Zacharias, takes place in the German factory where the new Golf is made. The epic encounter that ensues is between the chief designer of the newest model and numerous replicates of himself.
Morna Steel, communications manager at Volkswagen UK, said: "When we set ourselves the challenge to improve on the Golf Mk V, our main target was to outdo ourselves. This commercial highlights in dramatic fashion exactly how hard that challenge was."
Bearing the strapline: "Sometimes the only one you have to beat is yourself", Volkswagen are setting a benchmark to challenge only their own creativity, and outperform their existing Golf model.
Country: United Kingdom
Agency: DDB London
Director: Ivan Zacharias
Art Director: Shishir Patel
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account