Rio Ferdinand stars in Nike hoody ad
By Hadassah Nymark, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 January 2009 04:10PM
LONDON - BBDO Argentina has enlisted the help of sporting stars Rio Ferdinand, Marco Materazzi and Vincent Clerc in its latest work for Nike.
The hoodyon moments work is being launched to promote the AW77 Loopwheeler, a new version of Nike’s iconic hoody.
Nike hopes to change the perception of hoodies, which it says have become synonymous with danger, thuggish youths and underground hip hop music.
With the help of sports personalities such as Rio Ferdinand, Nike hopes to show the brand in a new light and in particular, re-launch the AW77 Loopwheeler hoody as a benchmark for a more peaceful fashion sporting line.
The Loopwheeler hoody is associated with exclusivity as only eight are hand crafted a day by the Japanese production company, and the garments are only available at select boutiques and in Nike stores.
Photographers Lucila Blumencweig and Maureen Hufnagel trailed the sportsmen for days so as to capture a large variety of portraits of their routes in Manchester, Milan and Toulouse. Many of the images were shot by the celebrities themselves, uncovering usually unseen, private moments.
A photobook has also been produced, which centres on the three sporting heroes and will be available across Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Account Executive Major Players £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad