Wealthy meerkat in comparethemarket.com ad campaign
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 January 2009 10:40AM
VCCP has created its first campaign for comparethemarket.com since retaining the business in October last year.
The agency has produced a 30-second TV ad, featuring a Russian Meerkat called Aleksandr.
The idea is based around the idea that Aleksandr, who wears a smoking jacket and lives in a big mansion, runs a website that compares Meerkats, but has been getting a lot of traffic from people looking for car insurance.
The ad is basically him explaining the mistake to confused users.
The agency also produced an online component - a working version of www.comparethemeekat.com, which looks exactly like www.comparethemarket.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham