Wealthy meerkat in comparethemarket.com ad campaign
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 January 2009 10:40AM
VCCP has created its first campaign for comparethemarket.com since retaining the business in October last year.
The agency has produced a 30-second TV ad, featuring a Russian Meerkat called Aleksandr.
The idea is based around the idea that Aleksandr, who wears a smoking jacket and lives in a big mansion, runs a website that compares Meerkats, but has been getting a lot of traffic from people looking for car insurance.
The ad is basically him explaining the mistake to confused users.
The agency also produced an online component - a working version of www.comparethemeekat.com, which looks exactly like www.comparethemarket.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne