Wealthy meerkat in comparethemarket.com ad campaign
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 January 2009 10:40AM
VCCP has created its first campaign for comparethemarket.com since retaining the business in October last year.
The agency has produced a 30-second TV ad, featuring a Russian Meerkat called Aleksandr.
The idea is based around the idea that Aleksandr, who wears a smoking jacket and lives in a big mansion, runs a website that compares Meerkats, but has been getting a lot of traffic from people looking for car insurance.
The ad is basically him explaining the mistake to confused users.
The agency also produced an online component - a working version of www.comparethemeekat.com, which looks exactly like www.comparethemarket.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- UX/UI DIGITAL DESIGNER - AGENCY - RETAIL - UXBRIDGE - £38-40K Salt £38000 - £40000 per annum, Uxbridge
- UX Designer Michael Page Digital £250 - £500 per day, Manchester
- Planning Account Manager - Lifestyle and Travel Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment £16000 - £18000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Buckinghamshire
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- What I learned at Digital Shoreditch
- Foster's says 'hooroo' to Australian agony uncles
- Campaign Viral Chart: Huggies 3D-printed ultrascan makes top spot
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review