Wealthy meerkat in comparethemarket.com ad campaign
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 January 2009 10:40AM
VCCP has created its first campaign for comparethemarket.com since retaining the business in October last year.
The agency has produced a 30-second TV ad, featuring a Russian Meerkat called Aleksandr.
The idea is based around the idea that Aleksandr, who wears a smoking jacket and lives in a big mansion, runs a website that compares Meerkats, but has been getting a lot of traffic from people looking for car insurance.
The ad is basically him explaining the mistake to confused users.
The agency also produced an online component - a working version of www.comparethemeekat.com, which looks exactly like www.comparethemarket.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Contract - Berkshire Ninesharp Negotiable, Berkshire
- Direct Response Media Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Channel Manager Future £competitive with excellent benefits, Bath