Wealthy meerkat in comparethemarket.com ad campaign
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 January 2009 10:40AM
VCCP has created its first campaign for comparethemarket.com since retaining the business in October last year.
The agency has produced a 30-second TV ad, featuring a Russian Meerkat called Aleksandr.
The idea is based around the idea that Aleksandr, who wears a smoking jacket and lives in a big mansion, runs a website that compares Meerkats, but has been getting a lot of traffic from people looking for car insurance.
The ad is basically him explaining the mistake to confused users.
The agency also produced an online component - a working version of www.comparethemeekat.com, which looks exactly like www.comparethemarket.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Freelance Digital Account Handler Source £220 - £350 per day, London
- Consultant Advanse Excellent - to attract the best + Benefits , Altrincham, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL DESIGNER (Fashion, Conceptual, Web, Tablet, Mobile) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Business Development Manager Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and benefits , London