Ogilvy names Gerry Human worldwide ECD for Unilever
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 January 2009 05:55AM
LONDON - Gerry Human, the chief creative officer of Ogilvy Group South Africa, will relocate to London this month to take up the newly created post of worldwide executive creative director for Unilever.
Human will report to Steve Hayden, the Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide vice-chairman.
In his new role, Human will work across all of the Unilever brands handled by the network, but will have a particular focus on Dove.
During his career, Human has won 31 Cannes Lions. Under his leadership, Ogilvy was the most awarded South African agency at the Loeries and Cannes in 2008. He was promoted to his current role last year, overseeing 13 operating units in South Africa.
Gary Leih, the chairman and chief executive of Ogilvy Group UK, said: "This is a very exciting development for all of us. Not only is he one of South Africa's most awarded creative directors, he's a great guy too."
The appointment follows news that Ogilvy Group in North America has cut around 150 staff, or almost 10 per cent of its workforce.
The redundancies have affected agencies including Ogilvy & Mather, OgilvyOne and Ogilvy Interactive.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Junior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 + benefits , London (Greater)
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000, London (Greater)
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake