Endemol hires Johnson for global role
LONDON - Entertainment group Endemol, producers of Big Brother and Deal or No Deal, has appointed Paul Johnson to the new role of global head of marketing and brand partnerships.
Johnson, former director of TV at the organiser of the MIP TV events, Reed Midem, will work on building relationships between Endemol's companies and global brands, with the aim of building Endemol's branded content activity.
Johnson will also oversee Endemol's worldwide marketing and communications operations, driving the global presence of all Endemol companies and managing Endemol's branding and events.
Johnson will be based at Endemol's London office, working with chief operative officer Marco Bassetti and chief commercial officer Tom Toumazis. He will report to Ynon Kreiz, chairman and chief executive of the Endemol Group.
Johnson was the director of TV at Reed Midem in Paris for six years, where he was responsible for the growth and development of brand partnerships.
Ynon Kreiz said Johnson played a central role in making the MIP markets a defining part of the TV industry calendar.
Kreiz said that as TV entered an "exceptionally challenging time", globally communicating brand messages and building successful brand partnerships would play an increasingly important role in achieving growth.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head Of E-Commerce Premier Consultants c.£65k plus car allowance & bonus, North West England
- Technical Product Manager Premier Consultants c.£55k plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Comms Planning Account Director required for Sports Broadcaster Ultimate Asset £50000 - £53000 per annum, London
- Head of PR Brand Recruitment Excellent remuneration and benefits DOE, Loughborough
- Buyer / Senior Buyer Stonor £27-45K dependent on experience, London