Endemol hires Johnson for global role
LONDON - Entertainment group Endemol, producers of Big Brother and Deal or No Deal, has appointed Paul Johnson to the new role of global head of marketing and brand partnerships.
Johnson, former director of TV at the organiser of the MIP TV events, Reed Midem, will work on building relationships between Endemol's companies and global brands, with the aim of building Endemol's branded content activity.
Johnson will also oversee Endemol's worldwide marketing and communications operations, driving the global presence of all Endemol companies and managing Endemol's branding and events.
Johnson will be based at Endemol's London office, working with chief operative officer Marco Bassetti and chief commercial officer Tom Toumazis. He will report to Ynon Kreiz, chairman and chief executive of the Endemol Group.
Johnson was the director of TV at Reed Midem in Paris for six years, where he was responsible for the growth and development of brand partnerships.
Ynon Kreiz said Johnson played a central role in making the MIP markets a defining part of the TV industry calendar.
Kreiz said that as TV entered an "exceptionally challenging time", globally communicating brand messages and building successful brand partnerships would play an increasingly important role in achieving growth.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Exhibition/Experiential 3D Designers - £45,000 Network Career Consultants £30000 - £48000 per annum, London
- Mid/Senior Designer Tomorrow Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, East London
- Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £125 - £175 per day, North London
- Director of Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Canal & River Trust Competitive, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Print Senior Account Manager - TOP 5 MEDIA AGENCY Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , West End
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'