Anchor cow takes Steve McQueen Great Escape role
By Staff, Campaign, Wednesday, 14 January 2009 11:20AM
LONDON - Anchor is continuing its Fuzzy Felt-themed campaign with a new TV spot featuring a pastiche of the final scene from The Great Escape.
Steve McQueen, played in this version by a cow, is seen making a final bid for freedom on a motorbike, while angry farmers pursue him across the countryside.
The famous theme from the film accompanies the ad, which ends with a voiceover explaining: "Anchor cows are never cooped up, they're free to roam all year round."
The TV ad, which will run in 40-, 20- and ten-second versions, will be followed by a print campaign featuring roaming Anchor cows in popular holiday destinations.
Anchor Great Escape TV
Mike Walker, Anchor senior brand manager; Emily Oldridge, Anchor brand manager, Arla Foods
Communicate that Anchor is the free-range butter brand
CHI & Partners
Ed Edwards, Dave Masterman
This article was first published on Campaign
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £90,000 plus bens , Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - SOCIAL MEDIA - Integrated agency - London - £40-45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k, London
- Russian speaking PPC Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, Middlesex
- Direct Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £13 per hour, Cambridge
- Digital Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £22000 - £30000 per annum, Bournemouth
Social Brands: Part Five – Change is coming
For the past few decades, marketing has been dominated by a mass-media paradigm. During that time, we’ve defined the ‘best’ marketing as that which makes the most efficient use of broadcast media, and as a result, we’ve spent decades perfecting an approach that’s all about reducing the cost of interrupting people.