The Week: People news - Geoff Seymour dies at 61
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 January 2009 12:00AM
Geoff Seymour, the first advertising creative to earn £100,000, has died after a long battle with illness.
After finding fame as the writer of the Hovis commercial featuring a boy on a bike and for coining the "Reassuringly expensive" line for Stella Artois, Seymour went on to lend his name to the "Seymour", adland's long-established term for a £100,000 pay cheque. Seymour, who was 61, is survived by his wife, Fiona, and his son, Sid, 19. A memorial service will be held in February. Anybody wishing to attend can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Manager EMR £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Premium Account Manager Simplified Recruitment Up to £35,000, Depending on Experience + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Assistant ICMP £22,000 - £24,000, Kilburn