The Week: People news - Geoff Seymour dies at 61
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 January 2009 12:00AM
Geoff Seymour, the first advertising creative to earn £100,000, has died after a long battle with illness.
After finding fame as the writer of the Hovis commercial featuring a boy on a bike and for coining the "Reassuringly expensive" line for Stella Artois, Seymour went on to lend his name to the "Seymour", adland's long-established term for a £100,000 pay cheque. Seymour, who was 61, is survived by his wife, Fiona, and his son, Sid, 19. A memorial service will be held in February. Anybody wishing to attend can contact email@example.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, City of London
- Account Director Gemini Search £200 - £300 per day, West End
- Portfolio Executive Institute of Customer Service 28,000, London, SE1
- Account Director Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, City of London