The Week: People news - Geoff Seymour dies at 61
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 January 2009 12:00AM
Geoff Seymour, the first advertising creative to earn £100,000, has died after a long battle with illness.
After finding fame as the writer of the Hovis commercial featuring a boy on a bike and for coining the "Reassuringly expensive" line for Stella Artois, Seymour went on to lend his name to the "Seymour", adland's long-established term for a £100,000 pay cheque. Seymour, who was 61, is survived by his wife, Fiona, and his son, Sid, 19. A memorial service will be held in February. Anybody wishing to attend can contact email@example.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London