The Week: People news - Geoff Seymour dies at 61
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 January 2009 12:00AM
Geoff Seymour, the first advertising creative to earn £100,000, has died after a long battle with illness.
After finding fame as the writer of the Hovis commercial featuring a boy on a bike and for coining the "Reassuringly expensive" line for Stella Artois, Seymour went on to lend his name to the "Seymour", adland's long-established term for a £100,000 pay cheque. Seymour, who was 61, is survived by his wife, Fiona, and his son, Sid, 19. A memorial service will be held in February. Anybody wishing to attend can contact email@example.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £52k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director- Direct Marketing Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £58k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East England