The Week: People news - Geoff Seymour dies at 61
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 January 2009 12:00AM
Geoff Seymour, the first advertising creative to earn £100,000, has died after a long battle with illness.
After finding fame as the writer of the Hovis commercial featuring a boy on a bike and for coining the "Reassuringly expensive" line for Stella Artois, Seymour went on to lend his name to the "Seymour", adland's long-established term for a £100,000 pay cheque. Seymour, who was 61, is survived by his wife, Fiona, and his son, Sid, 19. A memorial service will be held in February. Anybody wishing to attend can contact email@example.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SEO Manager - FMCG Account - Stand-Out Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £32K, Leeds
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London