AKQA launches Nike Women campaign
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 11:30AM
LONDON - AKQA has created an integrated campaign for Nike Women, which links the training potential of its footwear, Nike Zoom Sister One+, with the transformation stories of six female athletes.
The campaign, "be transformed", follows the stories of athletes Sarah Walker (BMX, New Zealand), Hannah Lo (kick-boxing, Malaysia), Sonia Kong (beach volleyball, Hong Kong), Mel Lozano (ultimate Frisbee, Philippines) and Flora Hon (hip-hop dance, Hong Kong).
The six spots combine live action and animation to tell the athletes' individual stories.
The campaign will run exclusively in the Asia Pacific region across cinema, TV, digital (mobile and website), print, out-of-home and in-store. It includes a 110-metre long building wrap of Beijing’s International Plaza, one of the largest department stores in the city.
It challenges women to understand the value of training and to rally around a manifesto to become stronger and more confident.
Curious Pictures, which also worked on the six ads, used different animation styles to showcase the different shoes in the Zoom Sister series.
Women can view video and blog content online on the six athletes and set individual training plans to help aid their personal transformation.
Ricky Engelberg, Nike’s digital director for Asia Pacific, said: "The ‘be transformed’ initiative celebrates the revolution across all aspects of women’s lives. Nike aims to inspire them to take control of their own personal development and understand the value in training."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Gemini Search £28000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director Gemini Search £70000.00 - £80000 per annum, London
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign