AKQA launches Nike Women campaign
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 11:30AM
LONDON - AKQA has created an integrated campaign for Nike Women, which links the training potential of its footwear, Nike Zoom Sister One+, with the transformation stories of six female athletes.
The campaign, "be transformed", follows the stories of athletes Sarah Walker (BMX, New Zealand), Hannah Lo (kick-boxing, Malaysia), Sonia Kong (beach volleyball, Hong Kong), Mel Lozano (ultimate Frisbee, Philippines) and Flora Hon (hip-hop dance, Hong Kong).
The six spots combine live action and animation to tell the athletes' individual stories.
The campaign will run exclusively in the Asia Pacific region across cinema, TV, digital (mobile and website), print, out-of-home and in-store. It includes a 110-metre long building wrap of Beijing’s International Plaza, one of the largest department stores in the city.
It challenges women to understand the value of training and to rally around a manifesto to become stronger and more confident.
Curious Pictures, which also worked on the six ads, used different animation styles to showcase the different shoes in the Zoom Sister series.
Women can view video and blog content online on the six athletes and set individual training plans to help aid their personal transformation.
Ricky Engelberg, Nike’s digital director for Asia Pacific, said: "The ‘be transformed’ initiative celebrates the revolution across all aspects of women’s lives. Nike aims to inspire them to take control of their own personal development and understand the value in training."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Web Content Executive Network Career Consultants £21000 - £26000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up