AKQA launches Nike Women campaign
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 January 2009 11:30AM
LONDON - AKQA has created an integrated campaign for Nike Women, which links the training potential of its footwear, Nike Zoom Sister One+, with the transformation stories of six female athletes.
The campaign, "be transformed", follows the stories of athletes Sarah Walker (BMX, New Zealand), Hannah Lo (kick-boxing, Malaysia), Sonia Kong (beach volleyball, Hong Kong), Mel Lozano (ultimate Frisbee, Philippines) and Flora Hon (hip-hop dance, Hong Kong).
The six spots combine live action and animation to tell the athletes' individual stories.
The campaign will run exclusively in the Asia Pacific region across cinema, TV, digital (mobile and website), print, out-of-home and in-store. It includes a 110-metre long building wrap of Beijing’s International Plaza, one of the largest department stores in the city.
It challenges women to understand the value of training and to rally around a manifesto to become stronger and more confident.
Curious Pictures, which also worked on the six ads, used different animation styles to showcase the different shoes in the Zoom Sister series.
Women can view video and blog content online on the six athletes and set individual training plans to help aid their personal transformation.
Ricky Engelberg, Nike’s digital director for Asia Pacific, said: "The ‘be transformed’ initiative celebrates the revolution across all aspects of women’s lives. Nike aims to inspire them to take control of their own personal development and understand the value in training."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Database Analyst Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, Surrey
- Technical SEO Manager - PHP / HTML / CSS Ultimate Asset £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Assistant Marketing Manager Major Players £30000 - £32000 per annum, Slough
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- Integrated Marketing Agency: Global Fashion Brand / £50-60k Rocket Recruitment £45,000 - 60,000 + benefits , Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office