Dare creates Barclaycard waterslide viral spoof
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 February 2009 11:35AM
LONDON - Dare has created a viral homage to the recent Barclaycard "waterslide" TV spot by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, featuring a group of students using a miniature slide made from household odds and ends.
The group has successfully constructed a slide, which twists and loops from their flat window down into their local newsagent.
When their mate is asked to pay in the newsagent, he quickly telephones his friends back at the flat, who then push a male doll holding a Barclaycard down the slide.
The doll eventually reaches the till point, beeping the card as it goes, before the lad calls up to his friends to turn the water off, saying: "You're flooding Imran's pick 'n' mix".
The viral promotes a competition being run by Barclaycard, which challenges consumers to make their own waterslide video in order to win a trip watersliding around the world.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Performance Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Business Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief