Dare creates Barclaycard waterslide viral spoof
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 February 2009 11:35AM
LONDON - Dare has created a viral homage to the recent Barclaycard "waterslide" TV spot by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, featuring a group of students using a miniature slide made from household odds and ends.
The group has successfully constructed a slide, which twists and loops from their flat window down into their local newsagent.
When their mate is asked to pay in the newsagent, he quickly telephones his friends back at the flat, who then push a male doll holding a Barclaycard down the slide.
The doll eventually reaches the till point, beeping the card as it goes, before the lad calls up to his friends to turn the water off, saying: "You're flooding Imran's pick 'n' mix".
The viral promotes a competition being run by Barclaycard, which challenges consumers to make their own waterslide video in order to win a trip watersliding around the world.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'