Dare creates Barclaycard waterslide viral spoof
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 February 2009 11:35AM
LONDON - Dare has created a viral homage to the recent Barclaycard "waterslide" TV spot by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, featuring a group of students using a miniature slide made from household odds and ends.
The group has successfully constructed a slide, which twists and loops from their flat window down into their local newsagent.
When their mate is asked to pay in the newsagent, he quickly telephones his friends back at the flat, who then push a male doll holding a Barclaycard down the slide.
The doll eventually reaches the till point, beeping the card as it goes, before the lad calls up to his friends to turn the water off, saying: "You're flooding Imran's pick 'n' mix".
The viral promotes a competition being run by Barclaycard, which challenges consumers to make their own waterslide video in order to win a trip watersliding around the world.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham