IDM lines up Don Tapscott for annual lunch
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 04 February 2009 12:20PM
LONDON - The Institute of Direct Marketing has secured Don Tapscott, an expert on the application of technology in business and author of 'Wikinomics', to speak at its annual lunch on March 26.
Tapscott is ranked by Accenture as one of the top 30 business gurus in the world, alongside the likes of Michael Porter, Tom Peters, Stephen Covey, Charles Handy, Peter Drucker and Bill Gates.
Caroline Robertson, membership director at the IDM, said: "We're thrilled to be welcoming such an internationally renowned speaker. For those of us who want to discover the full potential of today's networked economy -- a world of collaboration, user-generated content and vocal consumers, there are surely few people better positioned than Don to answer our questions."
Tapscott's best-selling book 'Wikinomics' explains how technology has shaken down the long-established hierarchies of organisation and marketplace, while his latest, 'Grown Up Digital' describes how the first generation to grow up with the internet has now arrived as the bright new talent in business.
The lunch takes place at the Millennium Mayfair Hotel in central London and is sponsored by Alterian.
Previous speakers include Sir Martin Sorrell, Sir Keith Mills and Dame Stella Rimmington.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Strategist Stopgap £55000 - £60000 per annum + bens, London