Dairy Crest's Country Life brand sponsors Blighty for two weeks
By Gemma Charles, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 05 February 2009 11:50AM
LONDON - Dairy Crest has signed a six-figure sponsorship deal to support the launch of the new UKTV channel, Blighty, in a move designed to further highlight Country Life's British provenance.
As a first for the brand, Country Life, the only leading butter brand made exclusively with the milk from British dairy farms, will exclusively sponsor the entire channel for the launch fortnight. Further to that, it will sponsor the ‘Best of British' programming strand for a further 50 weeks, giving the brand substantial presence on the channel for the forthcoming year.
Currently worth £59m, Country Life has grown in value by 37% and in volume by 26% during the last year, making it the fastest growing butter brand in the UK. Its current ‘Great British Butter' campaign features former Sex Pistols front man Johnny Rotten.
Paul Fraser, marketing director at Dairy Crest, commented: ‘Most people don't know that Country Life is the only major butter brand that is British. Blighty is a great link-up to help us spread that message to a British food loving nation.'
The sponsorship kicks off at 09.00 on Tuesday 17 February when the digital channel goes live on-air for the first time.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer Mobile - ASAP Nakama £250 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Studio Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Research and Insight Executive Pitch Consultants £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Client Manager Brand Consultancy Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director - communications agency Gabriele Skelton £60000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood