Dairy Crest's Country Life brand sponsors Blighty for two weeks
By Gemma Charles, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 05 February 2009 11:50AM
LONDON - Dairy Crest has signed a six-figure sponsorship deal to support the launch of the new UKTV channel, Blighty, in a move designed to further highlight Country Life's British provenance.
As a first for the brand, Country Life, the only leading butter brand made exclusively with the milk from British dairy farms, will exclusively sponsor the entire channel for the launch fortnight. Further to that, it will sponsor the ‘Best of British' programming strand for a further 50 weeks, giving the brand substantial presence on the channel for the forthcoming year.
Currently worth £59m, Country Life has grown in value by 37% and in volume by 26% during the last year, making it the fastest growing butter brand in the UK. Its current ‘Great British Butter' campaign features former Sex Pistols front man Johnny Rotten.
Paul Fraser, marketing director at Dairy Crest, commented: ‘Most people don't know that Country Life is the only major butter brand that is British. Blighty is a great link-up to help us spread that message to a British food loving nation.'
The sponsorship kicks off at 09.00 on Tuesday 17 February when the digital channel goes live on-air for the first time.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing and Communications Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Associate Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director Jarlett de Grouchy £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Great benefits, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch