Dairy Crest's Country Life brand sponsors Blighty for two weeks
By Gemma Charles, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 05 February 2009 11:50AM
LONDON - Dairy Crest has signed a six-figure sponsorship deal to support the launch of the new UKTV channel, Blighty, in a move designed to further highlight Country Life's British provenance.
As a first for the brand, Country Life, the only leading butter brand made exclusively with the milk from British dairy farms, will exclusively sponsor the entire channel for the launch fortnight. Further to that, it will sponsor the ‘Best of British' programming strand for a further 50 weeks, giving the brand substantial presence on the channel for the forthcoming year.
Currently worth £59m, Country Life has grown in value by 37% and in volume by 26% during the last year, making it the fastest growing butter brand in the UK. Its current ‘Great British Butter' campaign features former Sex Pistols front man Johnny Rotten.
Paul Fraser, marketing director at Dairy Crest, commented: ‘Most people don't know that Country Life is the only major butter brand that is British. Blighty is a great link-up to help us spread that message to a British food loving nation.'
The sponsorship kicks off at 09.00 on Tuesday 17 February when the digital channel goes live on-air for the first time.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Graphic Designer Beyond The Book £DOE, Gloucestershire
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28K- £32K, London (Central), London (Greater)